PITCH ENCROACHMENT AND DAMAGE

Shoot me now. Some folks are hell bent on removing every last bit of enjoyment out the game.

Just pointing out the facts, infact lets ignore them and have a pitch invasion every week, in fact forget the game, just run on the pitch much more fun

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot me now. Some folks are hell bent on removing every last bit of enjoyment out the game.

Haven't they already done it ?

The best bit is when we nick our own corner flag :)

Also, did the bloke carrying the kid only pay £10 :P

Edited by oafc0000

@ EASTLEY. Christ not again. You're going on like it happens every week.

To be fair, not at all and a pitch invasion at the end of the season isnt the worst thing that can happen. I dont blame the kids at all but

my point was the club need to be seen to uphold the rules and not condone them, which Barry has done. I dont think he needs a slagging for it thats all. Then I pointed out an over-reaction eg loosing the license which councils have threatened to do that was all eg when everyone stood up in seats at Old Trafford(though IMO again)that was just the rush for prawn sandwiches.

I also think the damage to the coach was out of order and wouldnt want the club to be making light of that, thats a different thing and IMO only was more important than slagging Barry for moaning abt pitch invasions.

To be fair, not at all and a pitch invasion at the end of the season isnt the worst thing that can happen. I dont blame the kids at all but

my point was the club need to be seen to uphold the rules and not condone them, which Barry has done. I dont think he needs a slagging for it thats all. Then I pointed out an over-reaction eg loosing the license which councils have threatened to do that was all eg when everyone stood up in seats at Old Trafford(though IMO again)that was just the rush for prawn sandwiches.

I also think the damage to the coach was out of order and wouldnt want the club to be making light of that, thats a different thing and IMO only was more important than slagging Barry for moaning abt pitch invasions.

I think 24hrs's post sums up perfectly what the principle issue with Barry is, in terms of his supposed role in representing the fans.

As for you 'just stating the facts', talking about players being assaulted has got :censored: all to do with the facts and the vandalism of the Crawley coach is a useful tool to add into the debate over the pitch invasion, when it actually has not relevance whatsoever.

I appreciate that the club have to do the whole 'do not enter the field of play' warning in advance and to issue a message over the tannoy to 'get off the pitch!' but once it was done, it was pointless to start threatening action and the prejudiced response, in directing the blame at £10 season ticket holders, was a especially disappointing.

The club's reaction will not act as a deterrent. As I've said further up, the only result I can see is to put further distance between those in the ivory tower and the peasants in the stands.

I think 24hrs's post sums up perfectly what the principle issue with Barry is, in terms of his supposed role in representing the fans.

As for you 'just stating the facts', talking about players being assaulted has got :censored: all to do with the facts and the vandalism of the Crawley coach is a useful tool to add into the debate over the pitch invasion, when it actually has not relevance whatsoever.

I appreciate that the club have to do the whole 'do not enter the field of play' warning in advance and to issue a message over the tannoy to 'get off the pitch!' but once it was done, it was pointless to start threatening action and the prejudiced response, in directing the blame at £10 season ticket holders, was a especially disappointing.

The club's reaction will not act as a deterrent. As I've said further up, the only result I can see is to put further distance between those in the ivory tower and the peasants in the stands.

So players haven't been assaulted by someone invading the pitch? Therefore in my mind at least it is relevant discussion to have and does have relevance here and is not ":censored: all" to do with the facts and is a salient reason for bringing it into a discussion around pitch invasions.

The statement at the start of the thread included the damage to the Crawley coach hence I pulled the two together. The association was already there in the title around the thread.

There has been a number of threads and comments where people have objected to the behaviour of some of the people utilising the £10 season tickets throughout the season. Barry has also addressed this in the thread and said it would be reviewed, it doesnt mean that all people utilising the tickets have engaged in anti-social behaviour nor does it mean that people using full price tickets havent, it just means that Barry and others at the club are aware of the behaviour of some of the people using the tickets and have come to the conclusion that a straight £10 season ticket to all those under sixteen isnt totally beneficial to the club so they will refine the offer to give what they believe is the best solution.

You might not agree with it and it may not have been the right forum to do it on, but the club are entitled to say what they think and provide reasons for rethinking the offer. Whether or not you think its valid and will drive a wedge between fans and the club is your perogative.

Why can't people understand that there's a difference between running on at the end of the game - as has been done at the end of the season for yonks - and running on when the match is in progress (as happened against Crawley)?

The latter has to be included in the referee's report and therefore lays the club open to possible action by the FA. Regardless of whether its in the first minute, the forty first, or the last, it goes in the report.

It would have been harsh if we had been fined by , with some of the decisions made by the FA, not totally unsurprising .

I think a couple of things need clarifying.

The authorities are not humoured by pitch invasions for whatever reasons.

It is also the case that safety and policing comes into the equation and can be very costly for the club.

A great deal of time and trouble was taken in preparing a full report to the FA that had to outline the measures that the

club would take to prevent such occurences. These are not false promises and the FA often follow up on action promised.

Had the encroachment occured at the final whistle I suspect a blind eye may well have been taken. During playing time you are under scrutiny, like it or not.

We took the trouble as I say, to submit a full and proper report and I believe that assisted in no action being taken along with the measures we are taking with

supervision issues.

This is not about being miserable ot taking a Victor Meldrew approach but more to do with upholding our standards and good name. It is also the case that we have

a responsibility to ensure that other fans get to see the game in a pleasant atmosphere. That did not occur for many last year due to the conduct of many kids.

Barry

Guest Scratch2000uk

This is not about being miserable ot taking a Victor Meldrew approach but more to do with upholding our standards and good name. It is also the case that we have

a responsibility to ensure that other fans get to see the game in a pleasant atmosphere. That did not occur for many last year due to the conduct of many kids.

Barry

Comedy Gold. :lol1:

I think a couple of things need clarifying.

The authorities are not humoured by pitch invasions for whatever reasons.

It is also the case that safety and policing comes into the equation and can be very costly for the club.

A great deal of time and trouble was taken in preparing a full report to the FA that had to outline the measures that the

club would take to prevent such occurences. These are not false promises and the FA often follow up on action promised.

Had the encroachment occured at the final whistle I suspect a blind eye may well have been taken. During playing time you are under scrutiny, like it or not.

We took the trouble as I say, to submit a full and proper report and I believe that assisted in no action being taken along with the measures we are taking with

supervision issues.

Barry

I agree on upholding standards etc (you have to say that) but there were grown-ups on the pitch too. I was wondering whether you'd take back the comments on reviewing the £10 season ticket arrangements, but it seems there's fat chance of that happening. Victor Meldrew was more willing to respond to the testament of his senses rather than stick to a prejudice no matter what.

I agree on upholding standards etc (you have to say that) but there were grown-ups on the pitch too. I was wondering whether you'd take back the comments on reviewing the £10 season ticket arrangements, but it seems there's fat chance of that happening. Victor Meldrew was more willing to respond to the testament of his senses rather than stick to a prejudice no matter what.

Ex-copper from the 70s-90s (and beyond) sticking to his prejudices shock.

:grin:

To be honest Stevie, some of the reaction on here was justified. Running onto the pitch during the game, fair do's but running onto the pitch and taking the corner flag with you is just taking the piss. That's was pissed me off hence my reaction. Yes, of course let them have fun, feck me I was on the pitch when Bernard equalised against Wednesday, but we were on and off in 20 seconds... If they are old enough wanting to go on the pitch they are old enough to take a bollocking.

Same here, I ran on from the Lookers stand but I was quickly off, when chanted to get off. Same with Redfearns penalty.

Same with Redfearns penalty.

lol

One of the greatest days in the clubs history... The pitch invasion is one of the most memorable moments of my life.

No doubt Barry had some strong words for those "kids" as well back then. Bunch of wankers disgracing the club :P

Its simple isn't it...

Without these kids there won't be a club in ten years time...

I think its time to move on Barry if you can't get over that fact. You talk as if having these kids at the ground is an option we can refuse when the reality is they are an absolute requirement for the survival of the club.

I mean the whole thing was comical. A bunch of silly little teenagers and a couple of adults as well mind, run on the pitch for a couple of mins, yeah they shouldn't have done but the overreaction is just simply laughable. Even the FA couldn't be arsed taking it seriously.

Edited by oafc0000

Football is going through a real mid-life middle class crisis isn't it :)

I was at a service station a couple of weeks go and I saw a bunch of Burnley fans drinking coffee in Costa reading the Gaurdian :) It made me chuckle at the change in demographic even at our level :) Long gone are the days of sneaking some beers on the club coach or getting tanked up on route to the game. Its all lattes, mochas, sit down, shut up and don't you dare swear :P

Its all gone a little bit to proper... Give me these misbehaving naughty children any day of the week. Dam sight more fun than some of the critical victors on here :P

I was at a service station a couple of weeks go and I saw a bunch of Burnley fans drinking coffee in Costa reading the Gaurdian :) It made me chuckle at the change in demographic even at our level :) Long gone are the days of sneaking some beers on the club coach or getting tanked up on route to the game. Its all lattes, mochas, sit down, shut up and don't you dare swear :P

Its all gone a little bit to proper... Give me these misbehaving naughty children any day of the week. Dam sight more fun than some of the critical victors on here :P

I take it you are back watching Latics then and have witnessed the stready increase of bollockbrain behaviour of these "naughty children" ?

Jesus I remember being on the official MB when I was 12/13 and got loads of :censored: off you! Now your "down with the kids"

"Pilot :censored:" ;~)

Its all gone a little bit to proper...

I'm not having that. Further up the leagues you go it might be the case, however further down the leagues the more it resembles the spectator sport I remember from the seventies and eighties. For better or worse, that's up to you to decide. I have my football mojo back recently, after many-many years of not being arsed about it, and I have to thank non-league football for that.

If anyone is crying out for a trip to Leyton Orient on the train next year it's you!!!