tonights team

Interesting selection for sure. Obviously wants a look at some players (esp goalies) before he decides who he wants to keep. Its the reward for staying up with 2 games to go, the opportunity to have a look. Surprised at the substitution. I would have thought Brown, Winchester or Smith would have been more likely options at left back than Montano.

On another subject anyone watching the European cup game? Radio 5 reporting pitch has standing water and it's not rained in Munich today.

Think it was obvious from the squad selected, and then the team started that it was very much a 'looking at the reserves and youth' side - with very much a nod to next year in mind.

Glad Cooper & Gossett got their debuts out of the way...pleased for them. Guessing LJ was keen to have a good look at Winchester after his OS comments; and Millar upfront again seems to suggest LJ really does see something in him.

Glad we were able to do that tonight; safe in the knowledge that we are in League One next season.

That said - feckin' Joe Jacobsen scoring is a :censored:ter.

Error from Johnson tonight for me, should have been looking to keep the momentum going, fans who have travelled deserved better.

Can't agree, think he has done the right thing, he needs to give everyone a chance now so he can make informed decisions about who is going to be offered contracts and who can go.

Can't agree, think he has done the right thing, he needs to give everyone a chance now so he can make informed decisions about who is going to be offered contracts and who can go.

I'm not sure playing in 1 or 2 meaningless games at the end of the season is really all that definitive on that. Especially as quite a few of tonight's players are contracted to the end of next season (minimum) anyway.

Error from Johnson tonight for me, should have been looking to keep the momentum going, fans who have travelled deserved better.

Completely disagree. We had played a lot of games this month, the players have done what was needed, especially with one game left, let others play on saturday.

It is a dead rubber game. Fans who travel away to that type of game are the type of fan who wants to see what the kids can do against better opposition. If we play an experimental side on saturday or bring kids off the bench, when I'll be travelling- Im all for it. I want to win yes, but on saturday I'd rather see us put effort in with an eye on next season & get a point, than a poor scrappy victory with players like Barnard who wont be here.

We got to League safety 2 games sooner than we all basically thought, so it's given LJ almost a 'bonus' 2 competitve games to have a look at the wider squad ahead of next season.

The 2 lads given pro deals - Cooper & Gossett - i'm all for giving them game time both last night and on Saturday.

Mellor & Millar have forced their way into the side since LJ has come in; and whilst Mellor has started games and done well; Millars impacts have been from the bench. Again, I understand resting Mellor and starting Millar. No issues their.

Winchester & Montano, LJ has said have been knocking on the door, and again; I understand him wanting to have a look at them both starting.

Tarky is out injured, Belezika is raw; and Byrne was back fit again + he's one of the out of contract. Whilst he's done well in the coaching role; LJ hasnt seen much of him playing so again, for me, a sensible decision to start him.

Same for Cisak - have a look in a proper game before making a decision.

I dont think he made an error in selection last night. I think he took advantage of a bonus game really in having a proper look at all his players.

Completely disagree. We had played a lot of games this month, the players have done what was needed, especially with one game left, let others play on saturday.

It is a dead rubber game. Fans who travel away to that type of game are the type of fan who wants to see what the kids can do against better opposition. If we play an experimental side on saturday or bring kids off the bench, when I'll be travelling- Im all for it. I want to win yes, but on saturday I'd rather see us put effort in with an eye on next season & get a point, than a poor scrappy victory with players like Barnard who wont be here.

If we had been floating in mid table for most of the season then fair enough, but we haven't.

Look, it might have been the same result if he had played the same team as Saturday, and I can understand switching keepers and even leaving Barnard out, not convinced wholesale changes was the way to go though.

We got to League safety 2 games sooner than we all basically thought, so it's given LJ almost a 'bonus' 2 competitve games to have a look at the wider squad ahead of next season.

The 2 lads given pro deals - Cooper & Gossett - i'm all for giving them game time both last night and on Saturday.

Mellor & Millar have forced their way into the side since LJ has come in; and whilst Mellor has started games and done well; Millars impacts have been from the bench. Again, I understand resting Mellor and starting Millar. No issues their.

Winchester & Montano, LJ has said have been knocking on the door, and again; I understand him wanting to have a look at them both starting.

Tarky is out injured, Belezika is raw; and Byrne was back fit again + he's one of the out of contract. Whilst he's done well in the coaching role; LJ hasnt seen much of him playing so again, for me, a sensible decision to start him.

Same for Cisak - have a look in a proper game before making a decision.

I dont think he made an error in selection last night. I think he took advantage of a bonus game really in having a proper look at all his players.

Couldn't agree more really.

Agree with most of the above. LJ was brought in to build a team for next season, ideally in L1

Having achieved the first task comfortably he has a couple of games to look at different players with no pressure but quite rightly is still frustrated that the ones he selects don't put a shift in or can't deliver

Either way, Saturday should be a fun day, few beers in that pub on the corner before ko and then 90 mins of singing LJs name.