LJ on tonight's game

Mike Keegan has tweeted that LJ has said tonight has "Confirmed a lot of things I already knew."

Interesting, could link to who's probably leaving this summer!

Matt Chambers has also tweeted...

LJ not happy, at all, with that from his players. Chance to impress for some emphatically not taken. #oafc

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Bigger picture needs to be looked at here. If the players didn't bother turning up or weren't able to turn up due to their lack if drive ability then it's been a great exercise. Needs to do the same again on Sat, telling while squad they are playing for their future at BP. If no effort or passion then they can do one!!!!!

I gather from that those he doesn't want won't feature on Saturday.

If that happens then he is being a bit daft, everyone can have an off day and knowing that your future lies on you not doing so will probably make it more likely to happen.

Having said that anyone who doesn't feature in these last two games, is out of contract this year, who hasn't featured for LDJ before and isn't injured is likely out of the door though.

If that happens then he is being a bit daft, everyone can have an off day and knowing that your future lies on you not doing so will probably make it more likely to happen.

Having said that anyone who doesn't feature in these last two games, is out of contract this year, who hasn't featured for LDJ before and isn't injured is likely out of the door though.

I was referring to out of contract players.

From listening before, the only players that did well were John-Yves M'voto and Kirk Millar.

Commentators were far from impressed with Baxter, who they said was off key and produced nothing. Full of praise for JYM though, said he could have a future higher up judging on when they've seen him this season.

All in all, good exercise for getting rid of players that we don't want or need. Nice to see LJ furious that we didn't pick anything up from what was essentially a nothing game.

Just got in from the game, expected a bit more fight from the team, Crofty was poor, Simpson piss poor, didn't understand the first substitution unless Grounds was injured, but certainly didn't help Monty having to play left back. Joe Cooper was steady but didn't get forward much. Winchester never went forward, only sideways or back. Danny Gossett looked sharp when he came on. Millar ran his nuts off to no avail, and Jose, well i have seen better games from him.

If it serves the purpose of nudging him to get rid of the deadwood, then tonight will have been worthwhile. Not sure the travelling fans will agree at the moment though.

I have just got home and although I am very disappointed, I fully understand why it was done. I think that it will be worthwhile in the long run. These last 2 games we have are the ideal time for LJ to discover just what he has to work with and who needs to go, positions to be improved upon etc.

To be honest, I think LJ has earned the opportunity to tinker for the last two games given that he has achieved safety 2 games sooner than most of us thought!

From listening before, the only players that did well were John-Yves M'voto and Kirk Millar.

Commentators were far from impressed with Baxter, who they said was off key and produced nothing. Full of praise for JYM though, said he could have a future higher up judging on when they've seen him this season.

All in all, good exercise for getting rid of players that we don't want or need. Nice to see LJ furious that we didn't pick anything up from what was essentially a nothing game.

and from the official report: 'Baxter could conceivably have scored a first half hat trick as he forced two excellent saves from home keeper Chris Weale while also seeing a header flash just past the upright in stoppage time.'

Latics world commentators dont know their arse from their elbow, so I wouldnt read into that too much. But sticking Baxter on the left wing is one of the worst positions to put your playmaker.

Latics world commentators dont know their arse from their elbow, so I wouldnt read into that too much. But sticking Baxter on the left wing is one of the worst positions to put your playmaker.

It was BBC Radio Shropshire, so was bias but i thought they were fair overall.

and from the official report: 'Baxter could conceivably have scored a first half hat trick as he forced two excellent saves from home keeper Chris Weale while also seeing a header flash just past the upright in stoppage time.'

Read more at http://www.oldhamath...334Pa4cc0Ma3.99

Amazing how a game can be seen in different ways.

Is it me or was I watching a different game? Baxter played through the middle and was :censored:ing awful!! If you play Baxter you can't play 4-4-2. Montano on the left then Simpson on the left after him. Baxter needs to get back to basics he isn't a world beater.

Crofty has put a shift in the last 4 games, should have been on the bench tonight

This. If LJ is changing the team so significantly, so he can have a look at the fringe players, Crofty should've been rested.

The decision whether or not to offer him a new contract is an absolute no brainer so he didn't need "looking at" last night. He'd be the first name on my team sheet every week if I were picking the team.

Is it me or was I watching a different game? Baxter played through the middle and was :censored:ing awful!! If you play Baxter you can't play 4-4-2. Montano on the left then Simpson on the left after him. Baxter needs to get back to basics he isn't a world beater.

Hes the closest thing weve got to one

This. If LJ is changing the team so significantly, so he can have a look at the fringe players, Crofty should've been rested.

The decision whether or not to offer him a new contract is an absolute no brainer so he didn't need "looking at" last night. He'd be the first name on my team sheet every week if I were picking the team.

I'm sure the manager had his reasons to start Croft.

What if his short-term contract with us included decent appearance fee bonuses and this was a thank you?