Who's staying and going

Maybe LJ was trying to see if the captaincy and some positive words brought more out of his game.

My view is "reduced budget" means replace Furman and Simpson with cheaper players.

I think letting Bouzanis go is probably the right decision. He doesn't command the six yard box at corners and too many times I'm sat there thinking "I'm sure he could have done better there". Love his celebrations, but want more than that. Wonder if his discipliniary mishap with Philliskirk has anything to do with it?

My thoughts about his departure

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased with the list of players retained and left.

Only 1 I would've kept is Dan Taylor but he's had injuries and I can understand why we've let go of him.

Deano leaving is more sad than disasterous. We had 2 decent keepers at the club with him and Cisak and I think Cisak's ability is better than Bouzanis'. However, it's a joy to see a player with such passion and commitment like Bouzy in a game with very few players like that.

Simpson underperformed all season, too, on a high wage.

Glad we've kept the kids and are attempting to keep the better players from last season. Progession is essential. I'd like to see Korey Smith again next season and trust LJ to bring in quality.

Dan Taylor lacked physical presence whenever I've seen him and I'm not surprised he's been let go.

Edited by BP1960

I'm happy that we have kept the younger players but don't really see any of them being in the starting XI at the start of the season.

Devastated with the loss of Bouzanis, really liked him as a keeper and liked him for the passion he had in the club. Think Cisak isn't as good as Bouzanis and is also a :censored:, :censored:e attitude and wanting to leave during the season. Hope he goes if Deano is going.

Would of liked to have kept Dan Taylor to be honest but can understand why he wasnt kept. Keeping Brown is a bad decision as well, really awful even though some fans actually like him which I can't understand why.

I'm happy that we have kept the younger players but don't really see any of them being in the starting XI at the start of the season.

Devastated with the loss of Bouzanis, really liked him as a keeper and liked him for the passion he had in the club. Think Cisak isn't as good as Bouzanis and is also a :censored:, :censored:e attitude and wanting to leave during the season. Hope he goes if Deano is going.

Would of liked to have kept Dan Taylor to be honest but can understand why he wasnt kept. Keeping Brown is a bad decision as well, really awful even though some fans actually like him which I can't understand why.

I think LJ sees potential in Brown, he's quick and puts in some crisp tackling, next season could see him come on leaps and bounds.

Bollocks, basically wanted first team football, no gripes with that. Is more than definitely a better keeper, at this level there isnt much a keeper can do as there is so many defensive mistakes leaving them helpless, but his cross claiming, reaction saves and especially his consistent distributions make him a better keeper.

A very steady full back defensively, has improved going forward last quarter of the season, doesnt mind getting stuck in even though hes so slight. Very happy to keep him and Grounds at FB. 3 of the back 4 with an experienced ball player alongside Mvoto and I think thats a decent defensive unit.

Bollocks, basically wanted first team football, no gripes with that. Is more than definitely a better keeper, at this level there isnt much a keeper can do as there is so many defensive mistakes leaving them helpless, but his cross claiming, reaction saves and especially his consistent distributions make him a better keeper.

A very steady full back defensively, has improved going forward last quarter of the season, doesnt mind getting stuck in even though hes so slight. Very happy to keep him and Grounds at FB. 3 of the back 4 with an experienced ball player alongside Mvoto and I think thats a decent defensive unit.

If trialist Joey Jones is signed that would add composure to the defence too.

Hmmm. About what I thought would be done by LJ; and just about what i would have done myself.

I dont rate Connor Brown. At all. But - as back-up for both full-back positions: I guess I can see that. I'm very worried though if he is lining up as 1st choice RB next season.

The Bouzy Vs Cisak one is a tad strange - in that if LJ rated Cisak more than Bouzy; surely he'd have played him? But - like a few; I think Cisak is the better 'Keeper. Now; after a fractured season including a loan away from the club; whether he signs his deal or not will remain to be seen.

Hopefully JYM, Smith & Croft re-sign.....but if they dont; so be it.

Good luck to Simmo, Hughes, Jacub, Bouzy & Taylor in getting fixed up at another club.

Hmmm. About what I thought would be done by LJ; and just about what i would have done myself.

I dont rate Connor Brown. At all. But - as back-up for both full-back positions: I guess I can see that. I'm very worried though if he is lining up as 1st choice RB next season.

The Bouzy Vs Cisak one is a tad strange - in that if LJ rated Cisak more than Bouzy; surely he'd have played him? But - like a few; I think Cisak is the better 'Keeper. Now; after a fractured season including a loan away from the club; whether he signs his deal or not will remain to be seen.

Hopefully JYM, Smith & Croft re-sign.....but if they dont; so be it.

Good luck to Simmo, Hughes, Jacub, Bouzy & Taylor in getting fixed up at another club.

I think the released list in general shows LJ has some balls. Could you imagine Dickov cutting Simpson and Bouzanis loose? I don't think he would. Would offer them both nothing terms and drag out the whole process. I expect quick decisions.

As another note, I wouldn't take for granted all the young players signing up just yet. They wont have been offered great terms. They could be tempted by a slightly better offer and the promise of football at a lower level a la Smalley.

Whilst im suprised I think he has it right

Not sure I would have given Winchester a deal or offer but imagine he is cheap

I think this indicates the theory of Cisak may have been right regarding having to up payments if he had made more apperances as he has realeased our #1 but in talks with our #2

I actually think Cisak might turn us down, wait and see

Heard Tarky has had his head turned too but as we've offered him a deal compo will be forthcoming. However I expect him to be told to stop being do :censored:ing stupid and to continue his development here...

I like Tarky, but I wouldn't be too upset if he left in return for compensation.

Heard Tarky has had his head turned too but as we've offered him a deal compo will be forthcoming. However I expect him to be told to stop being do :censored:ing stupid and to continue his development here...

Getting any kind of compensation for him will be up there with the greatest transfer deals we have ever done...

Millar may possibly be going back to Ireland in search of a better deal Ive heard. So that's one to think about... The only young player that we've offered a contract to that I will be devastated if he left would be Mellor, could mould him into a tidy player under LJ