Latics win a major trophy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen some ridiculous comments on here tonight. You all want Wigan to lose because they happen to share the same nickname as us? I always back the under dog and I'm very happy it has shut City fans up when they gloat about how rich they are.

1.) They aren't the Latics.

2.) We got to the final of a cup competition, much, much closer than those plastic pie-eating impostors.

We got to the final. They won a cup in a tougher era against a team with much more quality than we faced, Hate 'em all you want, but what they achieved today isn't to be sniffed at. We're billions of light years away from achieving what they have today. They won the right to the name Latics today.

I've seen some ridiculous comments on here tonight. You all want Wigan to lose because they happen to share the same nickname as us? I always back the under dog and I'm very happy it has shut City fans up when they gloat about how rich they are.

They don't happen to share it, they stole it is the point!

That nickname, the colours, the club motto but other than that....

They deserved it today, but to say the true Latics will never get near again is rubbish. Every club has a chance and hopefully when we establish ourselves in the Championship who knows what will happen. For now I would settle for a Championship place in the next season or so, then we can get established there and progress gradually.

It's petty though. It's not as if we've ever stole something off another team before.. :coffee1:

a song or two revised by us, is a world away from a whole identity. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose. Don't forget we were banging on about them being Plastic when they joined the League, something a fair few of us remember.

a song or two revised by us, is a world away from a whole identity. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose. Don't forget we were banging on about them being Plastic when they joined the League, something a fair few of us remember.

It's not really the fans fault that their club "stole" branding from us, I always want the underdog to win because the nation would be backing us if we were in that position, and nothing beats the feeling at full time when you beat a club that the media had written you off pre-match. Little old Wigan have just beat one of the world's superpowers in terms of football, you should be happy that there is still magic in the cup.

We got to the final. They won a cup in a tougher era against a team with much more quality than we faced, Hate 'em all you want, but what they achieved today isn't to be sniffed at. We're billions of light years away from achieving what they have today. They won the right to the name Latics today.

Billions of light years? Nah, Wigan got to where they are with millions of Dave Whelan's money, one rich bloke who can truly afford it buying us gives us the opportunity. The problem is that requires our landlords to step aside either by selling up or going bust.

The bigger problem is that that would require a rich bloke who doesn't mind throwing endless wads of cash away for no return to be whined at by an ever shrinking population of fickle fans (not meaning anyone in particular here, please note).

Not many of those about.

With regards to them being refereded to The Latics its only a nickname

How many teams have the nickname the blues or the reds Do Chelsea, City, Birmingham or Everton fans have the same discussion as to who is the real bues? Or do West Ham, Burnley and Aston Villa fans have the same debtae as to who is the real clarets?

I hated Wigan when they were in our league and back in the days of Rivals.Net their was a genuine rivalry stoked up. However since they joined the PL I've grown to like them as the plucky underdog giving the 40-50 teams in leagues 1 and 2 hope.

Don't you find it more annoying when Man U Man City or even Liverpool fans who barely go and watch a game every season start criticising Wigan for having poor attendences without a hint of irony?

I hated Wigan when they were in our league and back in the days of Rivals.Net their was a genuine rivalry stoked up. However since they joined the PL I've grown to like them as the plucky underdog giving the 40-50 teams in leagues 1 and 2 hope.

Agree with this, but I dislike them for reasons beyond a few keyboard warriors on rivals.net.

Their fans at the infamous 3-1 Dowie defeat at the JCB and at the same fixture the season before were the most obnoxious, nasty bunch of thugs I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

Horrible club. Only take satisfaction in City losing today - just a shame it's Wigan that represented the underdog.

Edited by JoeP

Agree with this, but I dislike them for reasons beyond a few keyboard warriors on rivals.net.

Their fans at the infamous 3-1 Dowie defeat at the JCB and at the same fixture the season before were the most obnoxious, nasty bunch of thugs I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

Horrible club. Only take satisfaction in City losing today - just a shame it's Wigan that represented the underdog.

They were crowned champions the game before. Not that you could tell though. Bunch of boring :censored:ers.