F.A’S ‘RELEGATION’ OF THE DONCASTER BELLES

Doncaster Belles have been removed from the top tier of women's football and replaced by Man City after just one game into the new season...

"...it is not for football that the Belles have been removed from the top flight. In the first two seasons of the Super League they have not finished bottom, instead Liverpool have grasped the wooden spoon on each occasion. They have not been taken from the top flight due to facilities as in the Keepmoat Stadium, of which they are fully-fledged co-tenants, they boast the best regular home ground in the league. And they have not been kicked out due to a lack of support, because whilst the Belles crowds could be higher, they have not been the lowest in the league, and they've certainly not been the quietest. Instead, they have been demoted and removed simply because the name doesn't fit, and the pounds in their bank account couldn't match the pound signs rolling around the eyeballs of those at the FA who make these decisions."

Read more here,

http://popularstand....ncaster-belles/

and if you care about the effects of modern football has in every division, please sign the petition: "Against the FA's decision to relegate The Belles."

http://www.petitionb...doncasterbelles

Saw this on stand the other day, absolute :censored: disgrace. Whilst Manchester needs a team in the top flight it should do it the proper way by getting promotion.

For them to relegate the Belles to fast track City is nonsense, especially considering who came bottom twice, who seemingly have strangely improved this year, presumably due to some additional backing.

Total disgrace, but typical of the suits at the FA. And we all know what FA should stand for! Petition signed and let's hope it does some good and forces the FA to rescind the decision and make City play for their place like everyone else.

Can't wait till it all goes tits up for Billy big bollocks. Doncaster Belles were the only team known by a fair amount of the general public when no-one really took an interest in the women's football.

Don't really watch women's football but this shouldn't be allowed to happen.

• 1 month later...

D-Day for the Doncaster Belles

After much campaigning and awareness building by the fans the Belles are travelling to Wembley today with the aim of reaching a pragmatic solution, one which is not only fair and just, but also meets the FA’s aims and objectives with women’s football.

http://popularstand.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/d-day-at-the-fa-on-the-doncaster-belles-appeal/

"The FA would also like to confirm that the licence offer to compete in The FA WSL2 next season is still open to the club, subject to licence criteria that still need to be met."

For some reason I find this line makes me feel the most sick about the whole situation - hope they tell them to :censored: off and keep fighting it.

"The FA would also like to confirm that the licence offer to compete in The FA WSL2 next season is still open to the club, subject to licence criteria that still need to be met."

For some reason I find this line makes me feel the most sick about the whole situation - hope they tell them to :censored: off and keep fighting it.

The problem is that if they keep on fighting they fight on there own, if most of the other teams tell them to f off just perhaps a wrong may be righted. But as its the FA we are talking about they just do as they please to suit their own little agendas.

The problem is that if they keep on fighting they fight on there own, if most of the other teams tell them to f off just perhaps a wrong may be righted. But as its the FA we are talking about they just do as they please to suit their own little agendas.

Yep, that's why it's a horrible situation. Potentially they'd be digging their own grave but I'm not sure I'd be able to go along with such an injustice quietly.

Yep, that's why it's a horrible situation. Potentially they'd be digging their own grave but I'm not sure I'd be able to go along with such an injustice quietly.

Either way they get shafted, (sorry ladies) I suppose they should fight right to the end I am sure most of the team will get picked up by other clubs, at the end of the day though they want to play football, it wont be the last time the FA get it so badly wrong but they call the shots, pompous farts one and all.

There is no reason why they can't appeal this decision in the High Court or even in the Court of Arbritation for Sport. As Sheffield United showed those two avenues don't always agree with the FA's decision making.

They aren't cheap though. But what they could mean if an injunction is brought is that the non-performance related relegation of the Belles is delayed.

Would the FA be subject to judicial review? Not sure whether it's classed as a state body, probably not.

Sheffield United took them and West Ham to the High Court. They may receive some funding from the state, in the same way other sports bodies might.

:unsure: