played with him at Killie too. Double boo, double playing his mates Can I be the first to say he Wont dare drop him!!!!!

Could be wrong, but I get the feeling that, if he had his own brother in the team, he'd drop him if he wasn't performing.

Credit to BP1960, mentioned this lad on here weeks ago. Very good reviews. Quick, skilful and can whip in a ball. And at 24, could be an excellent signing at this level.

Impressed with this cross for the first, too:

Thanks, still waiting to see where Dan Gardner and Duncan Watmore go though

Number 9 Watmore on typical run;

Number 9 Gardner typical goal 9 mins into the video;

Edited by BP1960

Number 9 Gardner typical goal 9 mins into the video;

You love this Gardner, but there must be a reason why no one has signed him yet?

You love this Gardner, but there must be a reason why no one has signed him yet?

A series of Injury problems which have held him back is the only reason (he missed half of this season, it's not just me, anyone who has seen him will tell you he oozes class and would grace any team in the football league.

I'm informed he has turned down at least two lower division clubs.

I spoke to team mate Jon Worthington, who couldn't contain his enthusiasm about Gardner's skills.

No matter what he will be in the Conference next season if he stays with Halifax, but my contacts tell me he may be heading for the Scottish Premier League.

Football is a funny old game though and I might have it all wrong and he goes nowhere.

Edited by BP1960

To be fair that second defender he beats looks like a right bumbling oaf - how he's even allowed on a football pitch at any level on that evidence is a bit of a mystery. I mean really, for part of it he is running directly away from the man with the ball shouting to someone else, looking in the complete wrong direction whilst Whatmore makes 10-15 yards for free!!

To be fair that second defender he beats looks like a right bumbling oaf - how he's even allowed on a football pitch at any level on that evidence is a bit of a mystery. I mean really, for part of it he is running directly away from the man with the ball shouting to someone else, looking in the complete wrong direction whilst Whatmore makes 10-15 yards for free!!

What you didn't see he does those runs umpteen times a game, his work rate is phenomenal, hence the interest from many Championship clubs.

One ex Latics manger was drooling over Watmore's ability when I spoke to him.

Anyway back on track, good to see James Dayton signed, he will create and score goals I'm sure.

Edited by BP1960

What you didn't see he does those runs umpteen times a game, his work rate is phenomenal, hence the interest from many Championship clubs.

Anyway back on track, good to see James Dayton signed, he will create and scores goals I'm sure

Big problem this for us last season was our lack of goals from the midfielders and wingers did any of them score more than 2?

What I'd like to see is a midfielder go past the strikers and make runs beyond Baxter for him to thread passes through too. Alot was made of Paul Dickov's tactical short comings perhaps too much, however his biggest mistake was how making our midfield too rigid in his final season.

Anyway back on track, good to see James Dayton signed, he will create and score goals I'm sure.

i wasn't commenting on him, just saying the defender was absolutely atrocious! He may well be a very decent player, certainly has a bit of composure - something you rarely see these days unfortunately.

Big problem this for us last season was our lack of goals from the midfielders and wingers did any of them score more than 2?

What I'd like to see is a midfielder go past the strikers and make runs beyond Baxter for him to thread passes through too. Alot was made of Paul Dickov's tactical short comings perhaps too much, however his biggest mistake was how making our midfield too rigid in his final season.

The goal return from our midfielders last season was shambolic.

I'm a massive Croft fan, but for an attacking player to go all season and not score, despite playing in nearly all our games, is laughable....

The goal return from our midfielders last season was shambolic.

I'm a massive Croft fan, but for an attacking player to go all season and not score, despite playing in nearly all our games, is laughable....

Did Croft not score?

Could swear he got a couple at least...

Apologies if its been posted but came across this video of Dayton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHT9Nbp-KFI

11 minutes of the new guy.

I watched a minute, it's probably the worst highlight reel ever.

Well, apart from that Kevin Maher one a few years back that consisted of one pass, replayed from different angles.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Apologies if its been posted but came across this video of Dayton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHT9Nbp-KFI

11 minutes of the new guy.

wow, definitely like what I see there!

he's direct and likes to run behind the defenders. handy, especially as Baxter has a great eye for a pass between the centreback and fullback. could be onto a winner here

looks like a slimmer, left footed lee croft

IF we can get Crofty to sign then in terms of attacking threat i'd say Baxter, Montano, Dayton and Croft would be the best 4 attacking threats in the league, all have pace and technical skill

Certainly say Croft and Dayton would be up there as the best 2 wingers next season in terms of a left and right pairing

looks like a slimmer, left footed lee croft

IF we can get Crofty to sign then in terms of attacking threat i'd say Baxter, Montano, Dayton and Croft would be the best 4 attacking threats in the league, all have pace and technical skill

Certainly say Croft and Dayton would be up there as the best 2 wingers next season in terms of a left and right pairing

Steady now! Furman and Wesolowski were the best centre midfield pairing in the league on this forum not so long ago! Cisak & Bouzanis the best keeper pairing too!

• 1 year later...