One to leave tomorrow?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes, he goes the lad Burn on loan at Yeovil shows there's quality around and as much as I want JYM to stay if that ankle goes again it could be curtains. If he goes he goes with my best wishes.

Belezika imo is going to be a star for us anyway I reckon and i'd like a leader in there alongside him so we need two CBs to come in to cover for the loss of Byrne and JYM (if they go)

If you're good enough, you're old enough imo. What grates me in the modern game you have players hitting 23/24/25 that have played less than 50 games, that's crazy imo...

But what if you're not good enough? Belezika's certainly not bad, but from what I've seen he's still nervy and prone to poor decisions. That's not to say he won't mature into a very good player, but it doesn't mean he's ready yet. Just my opinion, like.

They've realised Tarky isn't the new Beckenbauer so they're hoping Belzeika is.

Hope Tarky realises it sooner rather than later!

As for Belezika, quick, strong decent in the air - very, very raw, but a lot to work with and doesn't drop the glaring bollocks Tarky does (although he has improved) for me he's ahead of where Tarky was at this stage having seen a lot of him in the youths….

That and the fact despite him being so raw and playing in such a vital position we lost 1 in the 4 games he started and we conceded only 3 goals. If he was as :censored: as many are making out then we should have struggled against Madden, Hayter, Hayes, Lisbie and MacDonald yet we took 7 points from those 4 games = Play Off form...

Edited by oafcprozac

Many have seen him in the reserves where he was outstanding and not the nervous player who made his debut.

He was thrown in at the deep end against some of the best strikers in the division.

IMO he needs to measure his distribution better, once he's done that he could be a major asset to the club.

Edited by BP1960

I don't think anyone's said Belezika is :censored:. But I'd be concerned if we expected him to put in 30-50 games without suffering a dip in form and making mistakes. I'd prefer to ease him in more gently with a loan spell and regular sub appearances, then as he gets better he earns the starting spot. I'd prefer to see Tarky or Mvoto start alongside an experienced centre half, with Belezika the man who starts when the others are injured, suspended or out of form.

I had him down as ok. Better than Tarky, but I still feel like I'm living in Panic City whenever the ball goes near him...

He didn't show that trait in the reserves Lee (albeit more time on the ball), so hopefully he has got the first team nervousness out of his system.

I remember a similar centre back many years ago, Mike Flynn, who found more composure with age.

Edited by BP1960

Out of curiosity, why does everyone rate Belzeika so highly...

Just about to ask the same thing.

From what i've seen; I'd be worried sick if young Glenn was lining up as 1st choice next season.

Sorry - hope he improves. But he needs to improve massively for me. For a start, he needs to learn how to kick a ball properly....