One to leave tomorrow?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than tarky ?

After 4 first team games , bollocks.

Not seen enough of him personally but I don't think he made a pass to a blue shirt In the two games I watched , and looked very uneasy whilst just kicking the ball .

Cut out the mistakes and there is a real player in tarky

Out of curiosity, why does everyone rate Belzeika so highly...

Postionally he was streets ahead of Tarky. He is able to hold a line for a start. He looks a defender to me.

Tarky is too busy running around with his arm in the air trying to play offside, when half the time he is the culprit or he is 3 yards further forward.

But - Belezeika looks lost when he gets the ball. Im surprised everyone is so impressed with him, but in the games Ive seen of him - he looks like he can defend. We can work on the rest.

From how I have spoke there it looks as though I dont rate tarky at all. I think there is plenty to work with. He needs to be taught how to defend in a group.

Id love to know the stats of wins and goals conceded with him in the side vs withoit him.

Edited by pukka

Just about to ask the same thing.

From what i've seen; I'd be worried sick if young Glenn was lining up as 1st choice next season.

Sorry - hope he improves. But he needs to improve massively for me. For a start, he needs to learn how to kick a ball properly....

Yet everyone seems to love Mvoto?

Hope Tarky realises it sooner rather than later!

As for Belezika, quick, strong decent in the air - very, very raw, but a lot to work with and doesn't drop the glaring bollocks Tarky does (although he has improved) for me he's ahead of where Tarky was at this stage having seen a lot of him in the youths….

That and the fact despite him being so raw and playing in such a vital position we lost 1 in the 4 games he started and we conceded only 3 goals. If he was as :censored: as many are making out then we should have struggled against Madden, Hayter, Hayes, Lisbie and MacDonald yet we took 7 points from those 4 games = Play Off form...

In all fairness we've had close to 50 games to see Tarky's glaring bollocks and glaring as they can be the rest of the time he seems to me a fairly accomplished young League One centre back, one who's distribution is above average.

Belezika may well be much better come time but for now I see his better positioning but panicky distribution evening out and not putting him ahead of Tarky just yet. A few games on loan, eased into our first time as the season progresses would be a good introduction to the first team for me.

I've seen enough of Tarky to think I wouldn't mind him being in the first choice pairing (although I know we can do better) but Belezika has to wait for me.

I think Tarky is currently better in all areas (as he should be at both their development stages) except one, which could be the thing that makes Belezika's career at centre back: pace.

Tarky seems to be underestimated by some in the air, he really doesn't lose many headers. He has made a few mistakes but I'm certain that, given games, Belezika will make his fair share of mistakes too.

I think Tarky is currently better in all areas (as he should be at both their development stages) except one, which could be the thing that makes Belezika's career at centre back: pace.

Tarky seems to be underestimated by some in the air, he really doesn't lose many headers. He has made a few mistakes but I'm certain that, given games, Belezika will make his fair share of mistakes too.

Tarky's a talented lad but he makes monumental errors. He needs to improve his concentration and work on tracking his opponents - too often he allows his man to get a couple of yards on him.

Tarky's a talented lad but he makes monumental errors. He needs to improve his concentration and work on tracking his opponents - too often he allows his man to get a couple of yards on him.

I'd pretty much agree with this and offer the obvious that all young defenders will make mistakes, can't imagine that anyone would be abe to name one that hasn't. As a younger player at West Ham, Ferdinand used to look great with the ball at his feet and for the majority of the time in games but would invariably have a mad few minutes when he'd lose concentration and his positioning would go to cock.

There's enough of a player in Tarky to work with (should he choose to stay) and I can only see him getting better with time.

There's no debate on this for me. Tarky is by far the better prospect. Yes he's had more 1st team games than Glenn has, but in thise games he's shown IMO far more ability and potential.

I dont understand the flack he gets / is getting.....its almost another Eardley situation.

Are Glenn & Tarky the latest in the long line of young Latics players being given the "Never make a player as long as I've to a hole in my arse" treatment who then give us about 150 games before playing the rest of their career at a higher level than Latics achieve?

Despite the number of games Tarky has already played he is still raw and green, many young lads get to be bloodied alongside an old head who takes up good positions and lets the young pup do their running for them, Tarky has had a similarly young lad alongside him who is also learning his position. If M'voto was caught out of position it made Tarky out of position and thus both of them left us exposed. And vice versa. They also had Brown at right back to contend with, again a young pup who didn't have bags of experience to call on, we were fortunate to have Grounds in that defence to add a bit of steel and experience.

As for Glenn, we got the results, he wasn't sent off, no real bollocks dropped and you can not buy the kind of experience he gained in those crucial games. If we were worried in the stands I bet LJ's sphincter was at it like a rabbits nose when the ball or man went near Glenn in that first game, I bet it also relaxed a bit once Glenn found his feet and started to step up to professional football.

Christ, even our best player is a work in progress, Baxter doesn't know how to play a full season, our next best player last year was Croft and even he only really started playing once he went on the slimfast. Apart from Byrne, Murray, Grounds and probably Wes no other players on the books at Latics are the finished article, all of them are a work in progress.

There's no debate on this for me. Tarky is by far the better prospect. Yes he's had more 1st team games than Glenn has, but in thise games he's shown IMO far more ability and potential.

I dont understand the flack he gets / is getting.....its almost another Eardley situation.

I think Tarky has plenty to work with. Plenty to work on too.

i rate tarky, still only a young lad and great on the ball - just needs to be more clinical with his decision making.. as for belezika he shows promise but cant say in the games he played he did enough for me to make a decision on whether he'll be an asset or a good player