M'voto. When is his decision due?

Lets not forget he was outmuscled for evertons first and gave the ball away when Gerrard hit the bar when a better player would have played to a latics player . Don't know why we are falling over ourselves to keep him . If he stays great if he goes whose arsed. He is a rock at league 1 level but certainly replaceable .

Good grief, he made a few errors that were capitalised on by Premier League opposition?! Sell him immediately!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He improved again last season, and is a good age. Lots of games under his belt already, but still with time on his side to make further improvements.

He still does worry me when he has time on the ball - he's far better when he doesn't and just has to react and play instinctively. That said, his clangers were happening less & less last season.

I hope he re-signs. For some continuity and also becuase there is still plenty to work with - if he signs a 2 year deal; and continues to develop; we might be faced with a cash bid for him during those 2 years??

But - if he doesn't, then so be it. Like others; I'd prefer him to sign but with basically be 'meh' if he doesn't. I have total faith that LJ can go out and find us a replacement......and that's a bit of a weird feeling; but its true - I do.

But then again he is now 24.. Surely if the mistakes were to be cut of they should have been by now?

But then again he is now 24.. Surely if the mistakes were to be cut of they should have been by now?

All players make mistakes, the best ones make them less often which is why they get paid the big money.

Would I like Mvoto to stay? Yes

Would he be difficult to replace? No

Not sure about that. Penalties conceded this season:

vs Preston - Grounds handball

vs Everton - Brown handball

vs Yeovil - Montano foul

vs Bury - Tarkowski foul

vs Sheffield Utd - Mvoto foul

vs Stevenage - Cisak foul

So he was directly responsible for one of the six penalties conceded.

You can prove anything with facts.

Or maybe no such deadlines existed for any player and the story was put out there to appease/mug off supporters who might otherwise be voicing concern about the fact that one of the better players of the year is being allowed to walk away with no desire or interest in keeping him at the club?

Hmm.

Surely LJ needs to be consistent with his deadlines?

Or does this just prove it was personal with Lee Croft?

It would appear so. Same circumstances. Seems odd he's been praised for implementing a debateable deadline for one and given the other as long as is needed. I'd like Mvoto to stay so I'm not having a pop but I also wanted Croft here next year.