M'voto. When is his decision due?

JYM and Crofty were given a date to make their decision by. Croft has gone but it's very quiet on the M'voto front. I wonder when he had to give his decision by before being told to bugger off? No news of any other out of contract players yet, either as far as I can recall. Apart from those that have already gone, of course.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one that I won't lose any sleep over.

Very average last year IMO.

I thought he had a decent season.

But I'm pretty much at the "meh" stage with all of them. Let LJ build what he can.

First time I've ever been happy with the idea of wholesale changes.

I thought he had a decent season.

But I'm pretty much at the "meh" stage with all of them. Let LJ build what he can.

First time I've ever been happy with the idea of wholesale changes.

Agree with you on this one - also first time in a long time I think we have a manager that not only can spot and bring in better quailty player if they go but has a system / plan that he is working on so I for once in many year will have a stress free off season.

Edited by Stoney

also first time in a long time I think we have a manager that not only can spot and bring in better quailty player if they go but has a system / plan that he is working on

When do you think we'll have the first "Johnson out" poll?

My money's on November!

:grin:

Que the Mvoto bashing. He is class, one we should not lose, he is still on 24. If he goes so be it but I wouldnt go as far as saying he is average.

But then again, I would never go as far to say he's class either. Ok, he has his magic moments but also 1000000 & 1 howlers. He gives away 99% of our penalties but on the plus side has improved his aerial threat.

Class - no. Good season, better than usual.

Irreplaceable, definately not.

He gives away 99% of our penalties but on the plus side has improved his aerial threat.

Not sure about that. Penalties conceded this season:

vs Preston - Grounds handball

vs Everton - Brown handball

vs Yeovil - Montano foul

vs Bury - Tarkowski foul

vs Sheffield Utd - Mvoto foul

vs Stevenage - Cisak foul

So he was directly responsible for one of the six penalties conceded.

Not sure about that. Penalties conceded this season:

vs Preston - Grounds handball

vs Everton - Brown handball

vs Yeovil - Montano foul

vs Bury - Tarkowski foul

vs Sheffield Utd - Mvoto foul

vs Stevenage - Cisak foul

So he was directly responsible for one of the six penalties conceded.

I have an image of him conceding another one away from home.

But stop this using facts nonsense. It'll never do!

I have an image of him conceding another one away from home.

But stop this using facts nonsense. It'll never do!

Are you referring to his red card at Crawley?

I like mvoto and think he would be a big loss but he reminds me of Reuben hazell, plays solid all game but I still :censored: it a little bit when he is under pressure, he is not immune to the odd flanger.

He improved again last season, and is a good age. Lots of games under his belt already, but still with time on his side to make further improvements.

He still does worry me when he has time on the ball - he's far better when he doesn't and just has to react and play instinctively. That said, his clangers were happening less & less last season.

I hope he re-signs. For some continuity and also becuase there is still plenty to work with - if he signs a 2 year deal; and continues to develop; we might be faced with a cash bid for him during those 2 years??

But - if he doesn't, then so be it. Like others; I'd prefer him to sign but with basically be 'meh' if he doesn't. I have total faith that LJ can go out and find us a replacement......and that's a bit of a weird feeling; but its true - I do.

I think we would have most likely gone down without him last season as he is our only decent cb IMO.

He is still leaning and does make mistakes but he is definitely improving. In an ideal world we would bring in another good cb to play with him.

I know money is a problem so this is unlikely to happen but I would be looking to keep mvoto and grounds bring in another cb and Korey smith at right back.

I have a lot of trust in LJ's ability to spot a player but I don't want him to have to put together a completely new XI because there will always be disappointments, injuries, gangster wannabe players, players with poor conduct etc. about and at least we know what we'll get from the current ones.

It's important to have some continuity, especially in the core of the team. We know what M'Voto will give you; he'll make a mistake or 5 over the season to cost us goals but he'll be solid for the majority of the season and I'm willing to sacrifice a few mistakes for his level of performance in general over the campaign - this is League 1, we're not going to have consistently brilliant players...

Anyway, I wouldn't feel comfortable having either Belezika or Tarky as one of our first choice CBs next season but I wouldn't want to bring in two new CBs for fear of one being a disappointment or causing too much change, so I'd have M'Voto and a new partner for him.

Edited by NewBlue

Lets not forget he was outmuscled for evertons first and gave the ball away when Gerrard hit the bar when a better player would have played to a latics player . Don't know why we are falling over ourselves to keep him . If he stays great if he goes whose arsed. He is a rock at league 1 level but certainly replaceable .