Shortest Ever Latics Career

According to my dad, it's Johnny Divers. A Scottish international in the 30's and 40's. Legend has it, he fell down the steps on his way out to make his debut and never played a single minute for Oldham after that.

According to my dad, it's Johnny Divers. A Scottish international in the 30's and 40's. Legend has it, he fell down the steps on his way out to make his debut and never played a single minute for Oldham after that.

That is quite a funny story, but, you have to feel sorry for him at the same time,

Divers did start the match (v Mansfield , August 1947) but only lasted a few minutes. Left for Morton in Oct that year and went on to become player-manager for Portadown.

Next time I speak with my dad I'll ask him what he remembers.

I'm not surprised those steps had a lethal air about them.

Rob Lee ?

I did love the Rob Lee scenario. When Talbot brought him in he harped on about how Lee was the ultimate professional, Lee then found out he was on the bench at 2.30 one Saturday afternoon behind Kilkenny and he jumped in his car and drove off leaving the sub's bench short.

Im not surprised he fell down some stairs with a name like that.

I think Loans and trialists should be excluded from this - by the nature of them they will be short.

The shortest contracted player career - would seem to the steps gentlemen. I recall the 13 minutes of Mike Fillary's career at Hull City in the promotion season - was excited about signing him as always thought he looked a decent player.