Shez gets his man!

Talented player ruined by :censored: management at latics. Good luck to him one of most talented players to come through ranks had a reputation as poor trainer etc but was it deserved or badly handled.

Not exactly ripped up league 2 since he left us has he? One of them players who thinks he's better than he actually is because he's got a decent first touch and can do a few fancy step overs. Not consistent enough to make it above league 2 IMO.

Talented player ruined by :censored: management at latics. Good luck to him one of most talented players to come through ranks had a reputation as poor trainer etc but was it deserved or badly handled.

Deserved, he was out with a broken leg (or something similar) and he let it get infected and didn't do anything about it. Put him out for longer.

Not exactly ripped up league 2 since he left us has he? One of them players who thinks he's better than he actually is because he's got a decent first touch and can do a few fancy step overs. Not consistent enough to make it above league 2 IMO.

Weren't it the other way round? Instead of thinking he was better than he was, he thought he was worse than he was, was mentioned on here a few years back

Edit - Reading back through past threads seems your right, but i'm sure someone mentioned he didn't have the confidence in games to do some of the stuff he did in training

Edited by RobOAFC

I ran some numbers that showed our win rate as a side was significantly higher when Alessandra played. His short lived partnership with Hughes was excellent and I was gobsmacked when Shez dropped him two games after a hat-trick and replaced him with Ormerod.

He was also part of Dickov's honeymoon period which died a death shortly after Lewis got injured.

He was the kind of player who did the team stuff well. Taking a defender away from the striker who was better placed to score. Winning headers to keep the ball live when the keeper's clearance was a bit wayward. Hold up play that invited midfielders in to more attacking positions.

He should have achieved more than he has. Maybe this move will focus him on converting his potential into something of value.

Good with his back to goal too , and bringing others into play , if you look back at the quartet of strikers we had then, lewi , Hughes, ogrady and Davies , I'd take that nowadays!

2 were badly handled by shez and they ve not done badly since , the way we :censored:ed ogrady about was criminal , and Davies was well worth an arm round the shoulder , lewi went astray like so many under dickov , and Hughes , good as he was, was a :censored: .

One thing i did like about him as well, he always wanted to take the chance to shoot. Was never short of confidence just to give it a go.

As opposed to some players, Eg. Chris Taylor, who pissed about with it too much trying to walk it in.

Pretty sure Chris Taylor scored many more goals than Lewis ;)

Good with his back to goal too , and bringing others into play , if you look back at the quartet of strikers we had then, lewi , Hughes, ogrady and Davies , I'd take that nowadays!

2 were badly handled by shez and they ve not done badly since , the way we :censored:ed ogrady about was criminal , and Davies was well worth an arm round the shoulder , lewi went astray like so many under dickov , and Hughes , good as he was, was a :censored: .

That's what annoyed me about Shez some very good players that he himself brought to the club never got enough of a game.

Don't get the obsession on here and the OS with former players.

Allesandra left this club ages ago we should concentrate on on today not yesterday!!!

Without Yesterday there is no today!

So happy that I'm of an age to have enjoyed at Oldham what others sadly missed, The seventies was a real blast in the Jimmy Frizz days and I got to see that incredible Forest side and the manager that should have but never got his England call up.