Sidney Schmeltz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/item/schmeltz-vervolgt-loopbaan-bij-oldham

(Poor) Google translation:

Sidney Schmeltz moves to League One, the third level of professional England. The winger continues his career in the uniform of Oldham Athletic.

Schmeltz was a free agent after the bankruptcy of BV Veendam. RTV Noord opposite the attacker responds to his move: "I think it's a great step and am looking forward to it to play at a higher level I am also SC Veendam still very grateful that I have at that club in the spotlight. can play. "

The last season played 26 league matches for Schmeltz Veen Dammers. He made two goals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Schmeltz

Striker/winger, 24 years old. Played for SC Veendam in the Dutch second division.

From another Dutch news site (again, a poor translation):

The former attacker outside of the bankrupt SC Veendam has signed a contract for two seasons at the club near Manchester.

"I think it's a great step and am looking forward to playing there. At a higher level I am also SC Veendam still very grateful that I was able to play me at that club in the spotlight," said Schmeltz.

Sidney Schmeltz played 26 league games last season with the Langeleegte and scored twice. He came into disrepute when he said in an Internet video be happy to leave the bankrupt SC Veendam and be able to 'civilization' back.

Looks quick, direct can go left or right foot certainly has a trick to back defenders into the area and go past a player

End product looks poor but if he had it all he wouldn't be here, looks exciting and will get you off your seat

Hard to tell from a YouTube video but looks like could be a good player

I hope this is a 2year deal

"He is quick, exciting, skilful and hungry to learn the English game."

I know it is close season but looking at his picture I'm not sure he knows the meaning of hungry? There's a bit of Reid/Croftesque timber there and chubby chops. But I'm sure he'll lose that running up Tandle Hills in July.

Welcome to BP.

Seriously! I hope not. May be quick but delivery very patchy even at a level of football that doesn't look that good, unless he's improved since 2011 video.

Well done you, even by Latics standards this is one hell of a quick write off!!