OS - Curzon Ashton friendly

I know that pre season friendlies are supposed to be a period of cohesion and hopefully a confidence builder but come on, it says a lot that the 'best' team were pitting our wits against are the fake latics. Still, i'll probably be there anyway!

I know that pre season friendlies are supposed to be a period of cohesion and hopefully a confidence builder but come on, it says a lot that the 'best' team were pitting our wits against are the fake latics. Still, i'll probably be there anyway!

We always tend to play Non League sides and league teams lets be realistic alot of big teams send there kids nowdays. Also clubs use these sort of games if there scouting a non league player.

Is there anything people won't complain about?

It wasn't a complaint as such, I just think that if we play too many sides that we are expected to beat and find it difficult it can hamper the confidence levels, also if we beat these sides quite comfortably, it could instill a similar lethargy at the start of the season to last year. I would like to see a balance of friendlies, the easier ones early and then getting progressively difficult, that way you start the season with a different mentality in trying to beat those better teams

It wasn't a complaint as such, I just think that if we play too many sides that we are expected to beat and find it difficult it can hamper the confidence levels, also if we beat these sides quite comfortably, it could instill a similar lethargy at the start of the season to last year. I would like to see a balance of friendlies, the easier ones early and then getting progressively difficult, that way you start the season with a different mentality in trying to beat those better teams

Last year when we beat the Champions?

It really doesn't matter.

a friendly against a team less than 10 minutes drive away and people are moaning, im pretty happy myself, its an excuse to have a couple of pints and to watch the mighty latics after a long :censored:e Monday in work

Edited by 4froale

a friendly against a team less than 10 minutes drive away and people are moaning, im pretty happy myself, its an excuse to have a couple of pints and to watch the mighty latics after a long :censored:e Monday in work

Well said that man....

How about a mini scotish tour start at montrose then arbroath brechin the Dundee finishing with Dundee utd .game each evening opposotion getting more difficult per game finishing wth SPL team all teams within 30 mile radius of Dundee so fans/team can be based there for week .

Does Curzon Ashton have a decent bar/supporters club? Are there any decent pubs nearby?

If either answer is Yes than that is all you want from a pre-season friendly. It's an excuse for fans to have a piss-up.

Excellent social club at Curzon Ashton.

Function-Room.jpg

Looks like I don't need to do the 'Directions, Beer & Food' thread for this one. :sign0173:

Its a vast stadium for a non league club, hence why some were thinking at one time Latics might move there;

Edited by BP1960