Cisak to Burnley

I kid you not.

Official from 6 fingers officialTwitter (how hard must it be to type with 6 fingers ona smart phone)

Burnley FC@BurnleyOfficial 4m

BREAKING: Burnley Football Club is delighted to announce that goalkeeper Alex Cisak is set to join the Clarets from Oldham Athletic.

Retweeted by Alex Cisak

Edited by singe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opportunity missed.

He clearly wasnt happy here. I imagine being farm out to Pompey was the last straw for him.

We will have Lee Grant please.

Edit: Just saw Grant has re signing for Derby.

Edited by razza699

We've actually found a way to get nothing for players that are IN contract now. Well done everyone.

He was only in contract for 3 more weeks. Not sure we would ahve got a lot for him.

We saved his wages for nearly a month though, I reckon.

I'm finding it amazing that so many players from a team nearly relegated from L1 are finding their way into the Championship!

Thats our good fortune.

I am still amazed that Mvoto is on a wage that Mike Keegan has hinted will get us 2 new players.

We had some good players talent wise but a lot lacked the heart and desire and could have been managed as well by my 8month old son as the clown that was Dickov

Not surprised Cisak is a championship keeper, who is Burnley's usual keeper is it lee grant?

Edited by laticdickovarmy

I'm finding it amazing that so many players from a team nearly relegated from L1 are finding their way into the Championship!

Just shows even with the best players in the world PD would struggle to get out a team out of league one , no chance at Donny !!!!

We had an option to extend his contract for another year.

Yep, and as he was not offered, he was not in contract as poster said.

I reckon if Mvoto was on a wedge, then Cisak was. He was first choice for a fair while, and told them he wanted to leave, hence farmed out and not being played

Yep, and as he was not offered, he was not in contract as poster said.

I reckon if Mvoto was on a wedge, then Cisak was. He was first choice for a fair while, and told them he wanted to leave, hence farmed out and not being played

That is up for debate....reported that it was offered via OS early doors, and mentioned he had signed only for the next day...gone!

We had an option to extend his contract for another year.

I imagine plan A was take the option to sign up for another year, despite neither parties actually being happy with that, in the hope that another club would pay a fee. But then then there was a chance we could have ended up paying quite a bit in wages to a unhappy keeper.

Also Burnley taking him on a free doesn't necessarily mean that they would pay a fee for him, when there are other players out of contract.

For crying out loud guys, c'mon, if we'd have exercised the 1 year extension, Burnley wouldn't have wanted him. We'd have then been lumbered with a devisive individual who risked upsetting the rest of the squad. No, in LJ I trust, Burnley have only taken a chance on him cos he's free!

I imagine plan A was take the option to sign up for another year, despite neither parties actually being happy with that, in the hope that another club would pay a fee. But then then there was a chance we could have ended up paying quite a bit in wages to a unhappy keeper.

Also Burnley taking him on a free doesn't necessarily mean that they would pay a fee for him, when there are other players out of contract.

But we would have had the option of letting him go for free, if necessary.

When I said opportunity missed above, I meant on two levels: first, that we probably could have gotten a fee (even if only a fairly modest one) and, secondly, that we had, for my money, a very talented keeper but have ended up in a situation where he didn't want to be at Latics and has walked for nowt.