Grounds survey on the MEN

To be honest Town/City is a bit of a rip and is probably the general area around the ground, which isnt all that bad at BP. I think the fact City get 4 bars and United 3 for what essentially should be the same city! And if Im honest the surrounds of Uniteds ground is probably better than Citys!

PS Im also delighted that Swindon Town have achieved such an accurate result!

Edited by youngen

Well atmosphere I can actually believe. Remember the away fans sit right next to the noisiest section of our home fans. When you're in the RRE it actually doesn't sound that terrible, certainly better than most other grounds in L1 (in terms of home fans making noise) just by the proximity of away fans to home fans. Most of the time singing fans are at opposite ends of the ground with crap acoustics ;)

Accessibility is obviously going to be very good. Food I guess they don;t run out of everything in the away end, the standard of food is actually half decent at Oldham just in the Home ends it runs out far too fast - also they should bring back the chips. For me the only thing way off is value but that's for football in general, all the value marks should be 1 out of 5 - football pricing is a :censored:ing disgrace across the board to prop up inflated wages of average footballers.

An Honest Review

Atmosphere? Kids, grumpy old men, empty seats and a demolished stand. Very little atmosphere throughout the season.

Food/Drink? Overpriced crap (and that's when they've not run out before half time). Can't get a beer in the Chaddy End.

Facilities? Disgusting toilets, filthy seats, leaking stands, broken scoreboard, crap PA system, dodgy TV gantry, portacabins on stilts... the list could go on.

Value? £20+ for all of the above? On top of the dross usually on display, it's hardly value, is it?

Accessibility? Decent. Apart from the lack of train/tram access.

Town? No comment.

Depends how long you have been sat on the M6 car park

But with the rail station so close it's surely more accessible than BP?

Also while Swindon's ground is pretty :censored: for a lot of things it is very close to the Town Centre.

Funny to see BP at the top of a survey, but it's a hugely flawed survey.

But with the rail station so close it's surely more accessible than BP?

Also while Swindon's ground is pretty :censored: for a lot of things it is very close to the Town Centre.

Funny to see BP at the top of a survey, but it's a hugely flawed survey.

Only ever been to Walsall in the car, I agree about the survey being flawed though.

this doesn't add up... i thought most away fans thought Oldham was a :censored:hole and that they wanted to go home...

We're nothing special. It gets sung everywhere. Truely an awful, generic, Soccer AM, LAD BANTER LULZ Topman :censored: chant.

As for the poll. Hmmm. RRE is one of the better away ends in an all seater ground, lots of people have said that. And plenty of away fans love that the stand is shared with home fans and they're quite close. Helps the atmosphere and there's always a bit of abuse dished out and the occasional slanging match.

People like our ground because it is a classic old ground.

No matter how :censored: they are you always prefer the old ground.

Doncaster, Chesterfield places like that have lost a lot of the magic since they got their shiny new grounds. Better for the club, worse for the fans (visiting ones anyway).