£10 Prediction League Entry 2013/14

Prediction League 2013/14  

34 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a £10 fee introduced for the season, which would go into a pot to be split, half as a prize fund and half to go to PlayerShare and/or Latics4Life, would you enter?

• Yes
    • No

Thinking about next season's prediction league, how to make it more interesting and potentially raise money for PlayerShare and/or Latics4Life, and trying to get an idea of how many people would take part if a £10 entry fee was introduced to fund this.

I would be willing to pay, but people who cant afford it like Iam jonesy who want to take part it seems a little unfair. Perhaps you could leave it optional and at the end of the season give the prize money to the highest placed donator. Just a thought.

I would be willing to pay, but people who cant afford it like Iam jonesy who want to take part it seems a little unfair. Perhaps you could leave it optional and at the end of the season give the prize money to the highest placed donator. Just a thought.

That's a good idea, as for me it looks as if at the moment I will be able to afford it but that is not quite as guaranteed as I would like.

Sorry for moving this into the main forum and bumping. Just hoping to get a full response before deciding whether the paid option is worth going ahead with.

As for those who can't pay, Bristolatic and I have discussed a little and we are happy to have a free-to-play league running alongside.

How about £2 a month donation? half way through you might see half the people drop out and reduce the league BUT work the math out. Its great, people who cant afford the £10 will join and will carry on playing if in the mix, you raise more than the current £10 a month proposal but also including those who cant afford it.... Just requires an extra 1hour of man management every month :)

Call me stupid, but I don't know anything of this prediction league. What does it predict? Scores for our league? If someone can send me a link I will probably be interested

Edit: stupider than I thought. It has a whole section on here. Looks like latics score, attendance and motm? If so, count me in!

Edited by BlueInAus

You predict scores, first Latics scorer and attendance. Or at least I do. Others just guess.

I'm all for raising money but I like the democracy of it being free so everyone can come and have a go and come second best to yours truly.

Two parallel leagues or conferences might be interesting. One for the prize and one for honour and bragging rights. Winner of the pauper conference gets free entry to the big money conference next season.

You predict scores, first Latics scorer and attendance. Or at least I do. Others just guess.

I'm all for raising money but I like the democracy of it being free so everyone can come and have a go and come second best to yours truly.

Two parallel leagues or conferences might be interesting. One for the prize and one for honour and bragging rights. Winner of the pauper conference gets free entry to the big money conference next season.

Good idea

Winner of the pauper conference gets free entry to the big money conference next season.

I like this idea, although it puts me in a quandary as the pauper league might well be easier to win, essentially winning £10 for £0. But in with the big boys you will win more money but you risk more.

I like the dilemma and depending on when the deadline is, I might have my mind made up for me anyway.

I like this idea, although it puts me in a quandary as the pauper league might well be easier to win, essentially winning £10 for £0. But in with the big boys you will win more money but you risk more.

I like the dilemma and depending on when the deadline is, I might have my mind made up for me anyway.

I'm not sure I like it if it puts off people who would otherwise sign up for the paid game, as that'll require a decent number to make it remotely interesting.

I'm not sure I like it if it puts off people who would otherwise sign up for the paid game, as that'll require a decent number to make it remotely interesting.

Maybe a prize akin to the ones in the previous seasons which was a name change/player change if desired wasn't it. Or half price entry to next years paid competition?

I'm not so sure the pauper league would be any easier to win, it would just contain people who maybe can't or don't want to pay to enter. They may still know their onions.