What we could do to have a centre half like Peter Clarke . Experienced defender and a leader ... Feel that we are still lacking a leader at the back . You don't build a house on bad foundations and although our defence isn't bad I still feel a rock at the back would give us a great chance of a top ten finish

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we could do to have a centre half like Peter Clarke . Experienced defender and a leader ... Feel that we are still lacking a leader at the back . You don't build a house on bad foundations and although our defence isn't bad I still feel a rock at the back would give us a great chance of a top ten finish

Aye, probably on £8k a week and just captained a side that leaked three goals against us.

I'd say we're more of a houseboat.

Its a football team, not a house

Quite simple, he doesn't fit in with LDJ he ping pins philosophy of total football, although I reckon and very much hope he's seen the light after Saturdays dreadful defending for both Hudds. goals and will start Byrne with Tarky saturday. Still hugely optimistic though. Montano, Baxter et al should cause some real damage against Stevenage.

Quite simple, he doesn't fit in with LDJ he ping pins philosophy of total football, although I reckon and very much hope he's seen the light after Saturdays dreadful defending for both Hudds. goals and will start Byrne with Tarky saturday.

This was Dickov's first big mistake - getting rid of Abbott and Gregan.

They didn't fit with what he wanted to do but I bet he'd wished he still had them when that first losing run started.

Abbott was the Plan B he never got round to in the next 3 years.

Edited by HarryBosch

And Gregan was the leader that Furnan was not!

Considering Byrne managed 40 games last season aswell I think LJ could really regret it if he lets him go.

Someone whisper in his ear on Thursday that Corney WILL eventually stump up a few more quid if Byrne does stay and he wants to bring in another :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

LDJ 50/50 on a loan coming in before Saturday.

Have Forest sorted out any centre-half cover over the past few days?

Spoke my Forest ST mate over the weekend, and he said he'll be amazed if he get Lacelles on loan.

He's played a part in all Forest pre-season games; and has been playing very well.

They lost Elliott Ward who wet to Bournemouth, so they aren't blessed with CB cover.

He think's there's no way we'd get him...