Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone here actually thinking that he might stay? Just curious. This is where I would love to see some reasons as to why he would stay. Maybe even somebody saying that they've asked him outside the ground when they were going in to the club shop and he said 'Yes, I am staying'

On another note we all need to give absolutely massive support to Jose on Saturday whether he would be starting, coming off the bench or not playing at all. That huge support could sway his thinking (whether it needs to anyway) just that little bit more and may convince him to turn down a move. Because it does have an effect like it did when he signed an extension, also as can be seen with Rooney at Chelsea the other night.

Is anyone here actually thinking that he might stay? Just curious. This is where I would love to see some reasons as to why he would stay.

Why not?

If it's only Sheff Utd in for him I think they'd need to be offering him a hell of a payrise for him to stay in this league.

Could have pissed off in January for nothing but chose to sign a 2 year deal so that the club could make some money on him if he were to move on, money which at this moment in time, is arguably needed to strengthen other areas of the team.

If he goes he will go with my thanks and best wishes, and hopefully those of most other Latics fans.

Outside the obvious two most La Ligaments teams are looking for signings who will play for food.

Aye, I'm just quite interested to see who the teams are as there are still some cracking players outside the top two clubs and it'd be a great opportunity to master his craft alongside them.

Could have pissed off in January for nothing but chose to sign a 2 year deal so that the club could make some money on him if he were to move on, money which at this moment in time, is arguably needed to strengthen other areas of the team.

If he goes he will go with my thanks and best wishes, and hopefully those of most other Latics fans.

Agreed.

I rejected a new contract at Goodison Park
That much is true.
But even then I knew I'd find a much better place
Either with or without you.
The twelve months we have had have been such good times
I still love you.
But now I think it's time I live my life on my own*

Don't
Don't you want me? -
You know you can't believe it
When you hear that you won't see me.
Don't
Don't you want me? -
You know I don't believe you
When you say that you don't need me.
It's much too late to find
When you think you've changed your mind

You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry.

I guess it's just what I must do.

Jose Baxter baby,

Jose Baxter Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh!

* Subject to my dad acting as chauffeur.

If he moved to a Championship club then he gets my blessing but I cannot get my head round moving to a club in the same league who, though they may be bigger historically, have done the square root of :censored: all for the past 3 seasons. Bad move if it is Sheffield United IMO

It makes no sense.

Why would he, allegedly, turn down Championship football and Championship money in January then move to another League One club now?

Money can't have become that big a motivator in 8 months. Unless Weir is a big factor.

It makes no sense.

Why would he, allegedly, turn down Championship football and Championship money in January then move to another League One club now?

Money can't have become that big a motivator in 8 months. Unless Weir is a big factor.

Because Corney and the club have accepted he bid because they need the money, effectively saying 'Jose, you're off to Sheffield'

Because Corney and the club have accepted he bid because they need the money, effectively saying 'Jose, you're off to Sheffield'

I can't believe that if it's only £150k. Again, that makes no sense. They must surely be able to get more.

Edited by HarryBosch

Extracts from Sheffield United Forum:

As i've said in another thread on here, he'd have absolutely no interest in joining us, he doesn't want to be too far away from Liverpool, where he lives with his girlfriend, who is my mates sister.

JL94x4, Yesterday at 2:45 PM

Apparently himself and his agent did insist on a release fee of £300k in his current contract

Reedy_22, Today at 1:42 PM

I can't believe that if it's only £150k. Again, that makes no sense. They must surely be able to get more.[/quote

If the release clause is as low as a pathetic £250,000 for a player easily worth more than Trotman or Eardley and we accept £150,000 it suggests we are up :censored: creek financially