Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the end. Even if was just for the cameo on Saturday it has been a pleasure to see this lad WANT to play for our shirt. Most gifted player we've had possibly since Shez and at the right stage of his career. Thanks for the memories.

Anyone who suggests this isn't a huge loss, because he doesn't always turn up simply can't enjoy watching football. Jose Baxter for just under 12 months was a gift for fans of our club. He has done himself proud and is a credit to the occupation of a 'footballer'. At a time in the game when talented players like Rodwell and Sinclair are happy to just pick up a wage, Jose carved out a new career for himself for his love of playing football.

The club have to release his wage off the bill and I understand their need to do so. SC in no way will have believed JB would have stayed till 2 days before the transfer window shuts. I pray he doesn't end up at Sheffield United (though this looks likely) but have to now come to terms with losing JOSEBAXTERBABY.

The one quote that I don't get in the article is 'we've had an approach and interest in jose and we have to decide whether or not it is right for the club'...surely if a club had met his buy out clause then we wouldn't have a say in it, this might indicate that an offer has come in below the buy out clause which corney has already stated is low, therefore shouldn't we be turning it down?

Looks, like he will be off and will be a massive loss but for once it seems we have plenty of attacking options so is not as bad as it would have been last season. If Baxter going means we can get in a quality CB it would certainly soften the blow.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

He is a wonderful talent and in the right side he would be awesome. He has everything it takes to make a top championship/premiership player and the only thing holding him back is his stamina. To succeed in the higher divisions fitness is a must and it is the one area that let's him down.

I would be gutted to see him go as some of his football is worth the entrance money alone. If he goes up a division I say thanks for the memories and would wish him well but would be equally pissed off if he went to a club in this division and ended up playing against us.

If the fee enables us to sign Rachubka and a CB then it is good business and hopefully we will then be able to make a sustainable challenge for a playoff spot. LJ has put a great squad together who can only get better and better......losing Jose would be a blow but if his departure is to the benifit of the squad as a whole we will get over it!!

Of course it is a joy to see Baxter play BUT I'd rather he goes now or states his intention to see out his contract. If he stays a team can be built around him and onward and upward we could go.

What we can't stand is uncertainty so if Baxter can't commit it would be right for the club for him to leave now. LJ can then continue to build a team, and if the way we played against Port Vale without him is anything to go by onward and upward we could go.

I am optimistic not because we have Baxter but rather because we have LJ (in whom I trust).

He is a wonderful talent and in the right side he would be awesome. He has everything it takes to make a top championship/premiership player and the only thing holding him back is his stamina. To succeed in the higher divisions fitness is a must and it is the one area that let's him down.

I would be gutted to see him go as some of his football is worth the entrance money alone. If he goes up a division I say thanks for the memories and would wish him well but would be equally pissed off if he went to a club in this division and ended up playing against us.

If the fee enables us to sign Rachubka and a CB then it is good business and hopefully we will then be able to make a sustainable challenge for a playoff spot. LJ has put a great squad together who can only get better and better......losing Jose would be a blow but if his departure is to the benifit of the squad as a whole we will get over it!!

tbh id rather us sign a cm and a cb rather than rachubka, goalkeepers are always easy to pick up on emergency loans should Oxley get suspended/injured

tbh id rather us sign a cm and a cb rather than rachubka, goalkeepers are always easy to pick up on emergency loans should Oxley get suspended/injured

I think LJ has realised the flaws in Oxleys game and will be replacing him not looking for cover