Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be loathed to lose Baxter to another league 1 club as it would appear to be more of a step sideways than forwards for the player himself.

If he was to move to a decent championship club, you couldn't really fault him, he did the right thing by us in signing the contract allowing the club to benefit if he does move on.

Ultimately, i want to see more Jose and not be waving goodbye

The rarely worng sun says Sheff U are set to sign former Birmingham striker Jake Jervis, 21, who joined Turkish side Elazigspor in January, they don't need Baxter as well.

All the Sheffield United fans were saying that they were signin him regardless, as well as Jose Baxter. Baxter being a replacement for Kevin MacDonald who has gone to Wolves and plays exactly the same role as Baxter. Baxter is the perfect player for what they need basically.

All the Sheffield United fans were saying that they were signin him regardless, as well as Jose Baxter. Baxter being a replacement for Kevin MacDonald who has gone to Wolves and plays exactly the same role as Baxter. Baxter is the perfect player for what they need basically.

From what I saw of them on the telly on the opening day, it would make sense for them to sign Jose for this role. McDonald was their playmaker and the key player in their 4-2-3-1 formation and I was very surprised to hear that they sold him to a rival like Wolves.

Despite this, I still think he could do better than League One. I'm sure that there are teams in the Championship who could fit him into their team in this position.