Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time Jose either committed his future publicly to the club or handed in a transfer request....

All this uncertainty shrouding the club makes me sick!

Why does he need to. The club haven't said they have received any offers/or that a release clause has been met. Also Jose hasn't shown anything other than being fully committed and wanting to play even when carrying an injury as at Peterboro

All I've seen so far is internet rumour

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

It's about time Jose either .committed his future publicly to the club or handed in a transfer request....

No it isn't, get a grip!

Rumours on message boards nothing more

It's about time Jose either committed his future publicly to the club or handed in a transfer request....

I can't work whether that's meant tongue-in-cheek.

Why should he do anything? He's honouring his contract. If someone triggers his release clause, he'll no doubt consider the opportunity on its merits. Coming out an saying he's committed to the club won't change that.

The thing is, like I said originally when I started the thread/topic whatever is that the few agreed is 150k, meaning Corney has accepted the bid because the club may be in need of money etc i don't know.

It's not that Baxter wants to leave or anything like that, if anything it's almost like he's being forced out because the club he is at needs the money.

The thing is, like I said originally when I started the thread/topic whatever is that the few agreed is 150k, meaning Corney has accepted the bid because the club may be in need of money etc i don't know.

It's not that Baxter wants to leave or anything like that, if anything it's almost like he's being forced out because the club he is at needs the money.

I honestly cannot take what you have just written here, seriously at all.

Sorry.

I may be wrong and the next few days will show whether that's the case but I think that's silly. We may not be well off but SC is not daft and to sell off our most valuable asset for less than the clause in the contract ....That implies that in the last couple of weeks we have been plunged into crisis .

Sorry but I think your friend of a friend of Baxters dad is misinformed, mythical, or malicious.

To the two above I agree it doesn't sound right, I was in complete shock and couldn't agree at all but apparently it's completely true, now the reasons why its a lot more believable than I am making out I cannot tell you but we will see if it happens or not.

I hope it doesn't! Sorry if this all sounds like rubbish and it doesn't come to truth in just letting you all know what I've been told.

:censored: me, isn't anyone allowed to go fishing anymore?!

:censored: me, isn't anyone allowed to go fishing anymore?!

Problem is mate, so many make serious posts like that nowadays its difficult to tell the fisherman from the total nut jobs

'being forced out' - that is a bit of a jump. How would that work giving someone a one club option with almost 2yrs left on his contract? If the club were fund raising, seeking his permission and putting him on the transfer list would more than likely attract a higher bid.

'being forced out' - that is a bit of a jump. How would that work giving someone a one club option with almost 2yrs left on his contract? If the club were fund raising, seeking his permission and putting him on the transfer list would more than likely attract a higher bid.

I don't necessarily mean 'forced out', through lack of words. I mean Baxter is happy here and is fine with staying but Corney has accepted a bid so now Baxter is just following orders in a way and leaving, when really he would want to stay. Again, this could all be (hopefully) not true but to be honest I think it may be with who it's from that I got the information from etc

I don't necessarily mean 'forced out', through lack of words. I mean Baxter is happy here and is fine with staying but Corney has accepted a bid so now Baxter is just following orders in a way and leaving, when really he would want to stay. Again, this could all be (hopefully) not true but to be honest I think it may be with who it's from that I got the information from etc

Corney has said previously that the release Claus was not enough but was agreed in order to be able to sign Baxter on a 2+ yr deal. If the release Claus is as stated £250k then why would Corney agree a fee of £150k.....it makes no sense at all and for that reason I think it's total bollocks!

Corney has said previously that the release Claus was not enough but was agreed in order to be able to sign Baxter on a 2+ yr deal. If the release Claus is as stated £250k then why would Corney agree a fee of £150k.....it makes no sense at all and for that reason I think it's total bollocks!

Unless there are add ons.

So...Baxter is allowed to go for £150k because we are desperate for cash. And there are add ons.

Ok but Sheffield Utd aren't going to offer him anything less than a three year deal. So we wouldn't get the sniff of extra cash for years probably. And SC is likely to be far from confident about getting any return from add-on clauses after Richards and Dale Stephens,

Just doesn't add up to the idea of us being desperate.

Edited by LaticsPete

sorry, not having this - Baxter and club are bound by a contract. Should the club accept a bid he can speak to the bidding club but does NOT have to leave.

Any 'orders' he would be following are of his choosing in wanting to leave, nobody elses. If the club could not afford him for the next 2 1/2 years on the terms agreed, logic would suggest that no deal would ever be signed which the club could not meet.

A club higher up bids for him be it lower than the clause (if it exists), the club feel right to inform Baxter and he speaks to them and goes then fine i can accept that; but to go to sheff utd if true is a complete sideways and backward step and to me it would therefore only be for the money and not football ambitions.

If i'm him, you'd just keep playing and wait til January, another bit of good form and someone will take a chance given the small fee involved, undoubtedly.

Next......................

While hoping for a LJ miracle this season why do people keep describing sheff utd as a sideways or even backwards step for Jose?

They are a bigger club, they can offer more money and a better stadium to play football in with a much bigger crowd - they are also more likely and one of the faves to go up this year.

So.....a step forward surely?

While hoping for a LJ miracle this season why do people keep describing sheff utd as a sideways or even backwards step for Jose?

They are a bigger club, they can offer more money and a better stadium to play football in with a much bigger crowd - they are also more likely and one of the faves to go up this year.

So.....a step forward surely?

have you seen their squad?? average at best and thats from their own fans.

crowds and stadium yes but finances, debt and team are poor.

we have a far more dynamic and able team than them, for sure.

don't get all their hype, been :censored:e the last season and evans made them seem better the year before, a team of cloggers.