Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

Next Monday cannot come soon enough eh?

I'm actually getting the same feeling that surely Spurs fans must have with all this. The window shutting cannot come soon enough so all this will he stay / wont he stay business can be put to bed; at least until the bloody thing re-opens in January.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's one thing football rumours should teach us, it is that there is often smoke and it is usually blowing out of Keegan's arse.

Would you like to meet and discuss your issues with me? Because you clearly have some and I'd like to understand why. On the release clause I was told by somebody well-placed within the club there wasn't one. I have since been told that there is by someone else which is disappointing and something I've learned from. I don't make things up, as you imply and I'd be very interested in any examples you can provide to back up your comment.

Would you like to meet and discuss your issues with me? Because you clearly have some and I'd like to understand why. On the release clause I was told by somebody well-placed within the club there wasn't one. I have since been told that there is by someone else which is disappointing and something I've learned from. I don't make things up, as you imply and I'd be very interested in any examples you can provide to back up your comment.

You would be better ignoring him.

He likes the attention!

If it's any consolation perhaps he was talking about this Keegan's arse.

Michelle-Keegan-15-630x1056.jpg

Did he actually tell them there was no clause?

All I remember is Mike Keegan saying there wasn't one, but never mentioning that Corney had said it...

A couple of months ago when I suggested that it would be highly unlikely there was no sell-on clause in Baxter's contract, this Mike Keegan line was trotted out. There was no mention of his source.

Corney disclosing a figure at the fans meeting was its first official airing as 'fact'. I don't expect Baxter would have been too pleased if Corney had lied about such a fee. He could even have been none too pleased that it was disclosed at all, perhaps to the point of feeling surplus to requirements and being put in the shop window.

Does everyone feel his form is bang on? I don't.

Football is almost as bad as politics for furtive disclosures with ulterior motives. Or so it can appear.

Wouldn't bite Mike, the guy is a Grade A numpty just out for a bit of attention.

Mustn't be getting any at home.

If he goes - he goes but why is any potential move already being extrapolated into disappointment at his motives? The bloke illustrated his desire to play football when he walked away from Everton in pursuit of 1st team football and again when he was loyal to us when re-signing in January this enabling us to get a fee of some sort for him. His motivation in January was to "Give something back to the club" yet, here we are, a few months later and his loyalty and motivation gets questioned based on a speculated move.

Though I'd really like him to stay, should he move on - then so would we, but he'd definately go with genuine thanks for some great highlights over he last 12 months and no bitterness.

Next Monday cannot come soon enough eh?

I'm actually getting the same feeling that surely Spurs fans must have with all this. The window shutting cannot come soon enough so all this will he stay / wont he stay business can be put to bed; at least until the bloody thing re-opens in January.

Except it would be like them getting £5m. I would sell Bale at a drop of a hat for £100m.

is this you offering him out Mike? :grin:

With Adam and JCH up top, Monty and Dayts on the wings and Wes and Korey in't middle..... as much as I like Baxter, admire him for signing for us and for being our star player..... I sometimes struggle to know where he best fits in. I really hope he stays.... scores 20+ goals, including the winner at Wembley in the play off final, before getting his big money move to the Premier League..... but can't help feeling it wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't!

As sheff said above, there are Championship clubs who would want him that would be much more appealing to Baxter than Sheff Utd.

If Prozac said that Corney said the release fee is £250k then I'm much more inclined to believe that.

But if Corney ever told anyone else anything Prozac would usually call it bollocks.

Apparently, he only tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth to one of his biggest detractors on an internet messageboard.

But if Corney ever told anyone else anything Prozac would usually call it bollocks.

Apparently, he only tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth to one of his biggest detractors on an internet messageboard.

How are we meant to know the truth now?

or has he crawled back from spitting his dummy out?

Corney has told lots of people about Baxters clause at the Meet The Manager at the start of August.

He's always been very honest with fans he has met : indeed, I remember him telling me, ROAM and ChrisA every detail of the Eardley deal to Blackpool and why they were binning off Chris O'Grady...

Sooner or later he will leave, hopefully we will make a substantial amount of money - which will be use to convert the 'pyramids' into a new stand!

I've got a theory that the rock pyramids are the cheapest way of creating an illusion that something's actually being built.

Whether Baxter fits in or not I want him to stay the whole contract and sign another. Without doubt our most gifted (skill) player we have had in over a decade and great to watch. The biggest cheer that greeted an announcement at BP followed by chatter of amazed supporters was the one that Baxter had signed.........and for two and a half years.

Don't go Jose!!

I've got a theory that the rock pyramids are the cheapest way of creating an illusion that something's actually being built.

Indeed. The work that took place in the close-season created the idea that the plans are moving forward, when in reality we're no nearer to building the new stand than we were three years ago. Still, stopped the fans moaning for a bit - quite clever really (or quite stupid on our part...).

Regarding Baxter - it's the Suarez/Bale saga of OWTB. i.e: Boring....

With Adam and JCH up top, Monty and Dayts on the wings and Wes and Korey in't middle..... as much as I like Baxter, admire him for signing for us and for being our star player..... I sometimes struggle to know where he best fits in. I really hope he stays.... scores 20+ goals, including the winner at Wembley in the play off final, before getting his big money move to the Premier League..... but can't help feeling it wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't!

Easy. In the middle with Korey

I'm sorry, I love Oldham Athletic but sometimes the fans are the most frustrating people!!

We have someone who for the first time in 20 years makes me sit on the edge of my seat and instils something in me called hope which to an oldham fan is as foreign a feeling as jubilation

And what do we do, we have people who "don't know where he fits" ill tell you where anywhere he wants, I don't follow oldham for the trophys! It's for players like Baxter that if I was 7 years old I would be baggsying being him in the playground!

Please let's look past "hard worker over talent" and embrace him, he WANTS to be at Oldham, how many players of his talent has ever wanted to be at our small unfashionable club!

Indeed. The work that took place in the close-season created the idea that the plans are moving forward, when in reality we're no nearer to building the new stand than we were three years ago. Still, stopped the fans moaning for a bit - quite clever really (or quite stupid on our part...).

Regarding Baxter - it's the Suarez/Bale saga of OWTB. i.e: Boring....

I think the Bale saga is the smaller younger cousin of our Micah Richards saga!

Given the Council cock ups, and subsequent financial "contribution", I think that we are nearer to getting it built than ever.

It always was going to take time. though.

Just a bit more patience.

I think the Bale saga is the smaller younger cousin of our Micah Richards saga!

Given the Council cock ups, and subsequent financial "contribution", I think that we are nearer to getting it built than ever.

It always was going to take time. though.

Just a bit more patience.

Except, in the Bale saga, something will actually happen.