• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MENOAFC @MENOAFC 1h

No outgoings expected - but it's a long day... #oafc

MENOAFC @MENOAFC 1h

Been told just to expect one incoming at BP today. That centre half with pedigree we've already spoken about. Eyes down... #oafc

No outgoings please - Tarky has to stay - add a pedigree centre back and that will tighten the middle of the defence. Still not entirely happy with the Ox and his lack of movement on crosses - is that something we can instill into his play?

Then all we are missing is that spark of attacking midfield genius - if only we had a player like that at the club....

No outgoings please - Tarky has to stay - add a pedigree centre back and that will tighten the middle of the defence. Still not entirely happy with the Ox and his lack of movement on crosses - is that something we can instill into his play?

Then all we are missing is that spark of attacking midfield genius - if only we had a player like that at the club....

Personally, I think goalkeepers these days are over coached, I don't remember Harry Dowd one of the best at BP having a goalkeeping coach, it's the same with England's cricketers who are constantly told to change their technique, they almost ruined Jimmy Anderson, who had to go back to his old style to find success.

If anything Oxley has looked more shaky as the seasons progressed.

If we keep Tarky, which I really hope we do, our defence will be:

Lanzoni - Kunsunga - Tarky - Grounds

with some very decent back-up defenders.

All tall over 6foot, all seemingly good on the ball, all 4 have a good level of experience. I like the look of this defence a lot. So the part of the field we were most worried about at the beginning of the season has been vastly strengthened and it will give Mellor the chance to push into midfield to partner Korey Smith.

Although we've lost Baxter this week, I'd say it's still been positive which is important for everybody around the club when you lose your best player.

If we keep Tarky, which I really hope we do, our defence will be:

Lanzoni - Kunsunga - Tarky - Grounds

with some very decent back-up defenders.

All tall over 6foot, all seemingly good on the ball, all 4 have a good level of experience. I like the look of this defence a lot. So the part of the field we were most worried about at the beginning of the season has been vastly strengthened and it will give Mellor the chance to push into midfield to partner Korey Smith.

Although we've lost Baxter this week, I'd say it's still been positive which is important for everybody around the club when you lose your best player.

I'd say it's been largely negative since Thursday - Baxter gone, Matt Chambers tweeting that Tarky is probably on his way too & losing against Tranmere.

Kusunga looks a decent signing but, who knows?

I'd say it's been largely negative since Thursday - Baxter gone, Matt Chambers tweeting that Tarky is probably on his way too & losing against Tranmere.

Kusunga looks a decent signing but, who knows?

I mean on the signings front rather than on the pitch. Baxter can't be replaced, he's too good for that, but we've swiftly signed 2 players in response to him leaving in his position.

Tarky is staying according to his Dad, if he is that John1234 on here.

It's largely guesswork when it comes to new signings from abroad especially, but Lanzoni had a solid game according to most people (I was on holiday so didn't see the match myself) and Kunsunga has some pedigree already.

I just like the way we're shaping up at the moment, especially in defence. Although, it would be nice to sign a quality attacking midfielder but I'm confident Mellor can develop far when he gets back into the team alongside Smith to give us more attacking intent from the middle than we had under Furman and Wes...

Edited by NewBlue

it would be nice to sign a quality attacking midfielder but I'm confident Mellor can develop far when he gets back into the team alongside Smith to give us more attacking intent from the middle than we had under Furman and Wes...

I don't think we need an "attacking" midfielder and I don't think LJ wants one - just a midfielder all rounder who can pass & get forward aswell as tackle.

Yes, a Mellor.

I don't think we need an "attacking" midfielder and I don't think LJ wants one - just a midfielder all rounder who can pass & get forward aswell as tackle.

Yes, a Mellor.

Creative would be the word, not a Baxter type, but as you say, somebody who will give teams to think about in the middle of the park.