We've got an Aussie.......

Les pogliacomi set to retire!

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/veteran-mark-schwarzer-to-outlast-former-no-2-gloveman-les-pogliacomi/story-fnii0g1d-1226710922785

Reading that seems to regret rejecting crystal palace! However he did get shoved out by managers after Dowie! On his day the best keeper we have had for years!! Good luck pogs!

Away at Stockport, best GK display I've seen in my life. Self doubt and beating himself over mistakes seemed to be his biggest problem, especially when his kicking went to :censored:. A very good player for us anyway

I remember that. Their manager said the same.

His shot stopping was excellent. Against city in the FA Cup was one game that stands out ... but unfortunately nearer the end I'm sure he was subbed for a having a really bad game.

Decent bloke tho and always stopped for a chat when in town

I remember him being subbed at HT in the play off season, can't remember the game.

He was never the same after littlejohn, except for he was amazing away at Stockport (1-1?). Pulled off the best save I've ever seen in the flesh in the 2nd half. It may have been from Beckett.Cross from the right towards the cheadle end, he was going the wrong way but flicked it over the bar.

Match report on that game:

http://www.oldhamathletic-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/pogliacomi_earns_point_against_classy_county_153653/index.shtml

Edited by pukka

Pen save against Barnsley at their place (memories)

Pen save at Tranmere, prompting the first full song of weve got an aussie.

Also his save at QPR where he threw himself across the goal is up there with the best save Ive ever seen with Lee Grants at Hartlepool.

Edited by youngen

That performance at Edgeley Park was the best goalkeeping performance I've ever seen.

Racing the length of the pitch to celebrate our late winner (either Cooksey or Eyre) at home to QPR in 2003/04 was my favourite Pogs moment. Didn't he also have a blinder at QPR away that season in a 1-1 draw? Paul Murray scored a cracker for us as we inched to safety.

Pen save at Tranmere, prompting the first full song of weve got an aussie.

Also his save at QPR where he threw himself across the goal is up there with the best save Ive ever seen with Lee Grants at Hartlepool.

I always say that's the best save i've seen live. Was a free kick IIRC full length dive somehow palming it away, looked a goal for all money.