Tarkowski

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's laughable is that so many Oldham fans, on here and talking to them a couple of years ago are so quick to say he is :censored:e etc and shouldn't be in the team, and the fickle fans come out again and make it sound like they have always said he was good.

What's laughable is that so many Oldham fans, on here and talking to them a couple of years ago are so quick to say he is :censored:e etc and shouldn't be in the team, and the fickle fans come out again and make it sound like they have always said he was good.

The problem was, he was being coached by Dickov and Taggart.

A whole different ball game now..and it shows.

Always said he was class and defended him counytless times on here said Eardley was better than Lomax, Wellens better than Whittiker, Lee would never make it in the league above as a right back and that Conner Brown is :censored:e! Check its all on here!

Trust me, I'm not saying all fans, I'm just saying a lot. There is many Oldham fans that are proper football fans, they're patient, stick by the team etc BUT there are a hell of a lot that moan constantly, and there's always a scapegoat for a loss. It's the most annoying thing to see! Tarky is the prime example I can see, call him :censored: and are on top of him, now look at him. All players need time and support, support them not boo them!

A few million for a kid who has played class for 8 games this season?????

Not getting anywhere near that yet but certainly the potential. Stay and play a full season as top dog and next summer bids will be much better than January's.

Is Smalling (ex non league) much better.

Is Smalling (ex non league) much better.

I'm not saying he isn't good enough I am just saying The longer we keep him, the more games he plays so the more value will be added.

No dought Fergie had smalling scouted for more than 8 games and he game via Fulham after non league so proved himself at that level!

Not that i actually think young Tarky is by any means a top Premier League side standard (yet), you do only have to look at some of the younger players getting game time in that division, this season and last, and compare them to Tarky's recent performance levels, and - as mental as it sounds - he's on par or playing a higher standard of performance than some of them have managed...

Young CB wise recently? Ryan Bennett at Norwich? Sean Morrison and Adrian Mariappa at Reading? Craig Cathcart at Blackpool. James Chester at Hull?

I can see him being picked up by similar standard sides in the very not too distant future; as I think he's good enough to be...

Edited by slystallone

Not really. I said I thought he was :censored:e. I have now said I was wrong. I haven't once made out like I "always said he was good"...

Not really. I said I thought he was :censored:e. I have now said I was wrong. I haven't once made out like I "always said he was good"...

I'm not saying you! Why are people themselves taking it personally? Others have agreed with me on this that with our fans there are a lot who get on players backs like Matt Smith, Tarky etc and there will be a new one this season and when he comes good them same fans will be saying that they have said that all along. Very fickle. And I know there are many that agree with me on this and it annoys them as well.

If he maintains this level of performance we are going to be saying goodbye in January, class defenders who can play the ball are in a minority, the light at the end of the tunnel is the way groundsy plays in the same position means we have instant cover.

It's not that he's particularly improving, he always had the potential, what he's doing is maturing. He's cutting out basic errors, putting a bit of muscle on as he gets older, learning from his mistakes. Big future in my opinion.

Lots of blinkered people who used to think the sun shone out of that immobile and technically inept liabilitys arse whilst slagging of a young cultured physical center back who was constantly worried about the clown by his side looking a bit foolish at the minute. I don't say much on here, but tarkowski grounds and smith are a mile apart. Championship at least

But Ross, its peoples opinions in these instances.

I've no issues with people saying X, Y & Z are :censored:. If those players then develop / improve and those same people are balanced enough to change their previous opinions, what's the issue?

If the players don't improve, their opinions of them being :censored: still stand right?

I can't find many on this thread who are still saying steadfastly that Tarky is :censored:, nor can a quick scroll of the posters show that many who are as your describe claiming to rated him all along? Those saying they have always rated him (me included in that group) and still rate him have always said that as far as i can see; and those who have previously said he's crap have come out and eaten a tiny bit of humble pie (lee Sinnott for example)

Not sure there's actually that much bandwagon jumping here actually?

Tarky needed to cut out the switch off mistakes to turn into a decent League One centre back.

In addition he's improved his pace, his reading of the game, his ability to turn away from trouble, his passing and he's added a threat as a goal scorer too.

He has become a very, very good footballer.

Whether its coaching, attitude, fitness or just natural maturity, he has become an outstanding prospect since last season. Always thought he was pretty good but that was something else tonight. I've not been as impressed with a centre back performance since Mark Hudson (was overseas for most of the Gregan years).

Not that i actually think young Tarky is by any means a top Premier League side standard (yet), you do only have to look at some of the younger players getting game time in that division, this season and last, and compare them to Tarky's recent performance levels, and - as mental as it sounds - he's on par or playing a higher standard of performance than some of them have managed...

Young CB wise recently? Ryan Bennett at Norwich? Sean Morrison and Adrian Mariappa at Reading? Craig Cathcart at Blackpool. James Chester at Hull?

I can see him being picked up by similar standard sides in the very not too distant future; as I think he's good enough to be...

Fair point but James Chester is quality.

Did Grayson send Garner on to cripple Tarky or did he just come up with that by himself? Dirty bastard. Should have been sent off twice.

Yet despite all the good things being said on here,there were a group of pillocks at the game slagging Tarky off (very loudly and swearily) just because they didn't think he got back in defence fast enough after his excellent forward forays.

Yet despite all the good things being said on here,there were a group of pillocks at the game slagging Tarky off (very loudly and swearily) just because they didn't think he got back in defence fast enough after his excellent forward forays.

I did think he lumbered back pretty slowly, I have to say. I wondered there was an element of putting himself in the shop window with his charges forward. But an exceptional performance all the same.

Fair point but James Chester is quality.

Did Grayson send Garner on to cripple Tarky or did he just come up with that by himself? Dirty bastard. Should have been sent off twice.

Ref had a decent view of the 1st too; and deemed it yellow. Never. If the lad from Swindon on Saturday was a straight red, Garner's was equivilent to 2 straight red's. awful. Leg breaker. Hope Tarky is actually Ok after that.