Seven Minutes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega frustration week after week, Any kind of win needed fast and it would all change!

The problem is some players don't seem switched on - playing in fits and starts, he need full commitment from all players and for whatever reason isn't getting it.

yes we have had chances with Mcdonald, but the blame lies with Johnson on this

When the results aren't coming, the players need to build relationships and understanding.

We have changed formation and aside from the defence made constant changes week after week, no wonder the football isn't fluid or the strikers linking up.

4-4-2

Keep a settled front two in my opinion Ronney and JCH as they showed they can play and do the bis against port vale

Let them learn their runs and play together, constant changes doing no one any good, and i'm suprised someone as clued up as LJ has done it

When the results aren't coming, the players need to build relationships and understanding.

We have changed formation and aside from the defence made constant changes week after week, no wonder the football isn't fluid or the strikers linking up.

4-4-2

Keep a settled front two in my opinion Ronney and JCH as they showed they can play and do the bis against port vale

Let them learn their runs and play together, constant changes doing no one any good, and i'm suprised someone as clued up as LJ has done it

Makes complete and utter sense to me.

All well and good but when we play 4-4-2 we get outmuscled in the middle and our wingers get beaten up.

It needed a formation change, but a positive one in my view: something like 4-3-1-2 with Dayton behind two strikers.

An attacking line-up, like at Stevenage, breeds positivity.

Going 4-5-1 with JCH out wide....hmmm

And Rodgers must have been amazing in training as he was poor at Shrewsbury. Doesn't sound like he was different today.

A bit concerned...

But yes, luck has to change soon surely.

We'll beat Orient.

Typical Latics

BP.....I have respect for you but what is it you have against LJ? Y

Nothing against him personally but he's fell into the Dickov trap of 2 holding midfielders (3 in the first half today) and too many huff and puff lighweight players.

IMO the big mistake was he didn't appoint an old head as assistant manager.

agreed that we need to keep a settled team but, for me (and I've seen others mention the 2 holding mids) I'm not sure THIS formation is for us. I'd play

Oxley,

Lanzoni, Tarky, Kusunga

Montano (when fit) Mills

Weso Dayton Smith

Rooney MacDonald

3-5-2, Dayton more advanced so more of a 3-4-3 in possession. "Monty won't defend" no but Lanzoni will cover the right side, ball playing defenders, let Tarky drive forward when opportunity comes up with wes and smith holding.

Thank :censored: I'm not the gaffer eh

agreed that we need to keep a settled team but, for me (and I've seen others mention the 2 holding mids) I'm not sure THIS formation is for us. I'd play

Oxley,

Lanzoni, Tarky, Kusunga

Montano (when fit) Mills

Weso Dayton Smith

Rooney MacDonald

3-5-2, Dayton more advanced so more of a 3-4-3 in possession. "Monty won't defend" no but Lanzoni will cover the right side, ball playing defenders, let Tarky drive forward when opportunity comes up with wes and smith holding.

No matter how you mix them up they just look too lightweight. in midfield.

Oxley,

Lanzoni, Tarky, Kusunga

Montano (when fit) Mills

Weso Dayton Smith

Rooney MacDonald

Indeed :)

I agree in that there's no real enforcer in the team but dealing with what we have, thats what I'd play

Can Kusunga play centre mid? Big lad, looks decent with the ball at his feet(from youtube)

Yes he can, and could well do so on Saturday.

And that was how long ago? Oh he departed in 1982..... FFS thats 31 years ago.... Crikey BP you need some happy pills.

58% possession but no luck hit bar off line etc.... 8 clubs worse than us well perhaps 7 and Sheff United bottom.

lol.. when you've seen probably a world record of losing matches (as I have over 60 years) you would be depressed. :disappointed:

4-4-2

Easy for me to agree with this in hindsight but this is what LJ should've done today. Only exception for me being MacDonald taking Rooney's place due to form.

I think he's got a real dilemma now. 4-4-2 with the current back 4, Smith and Wes in the centre, 2 wingers and MacDonald and Rooney up front would be the most simple formation to understand for the team, but it again would involve changing today's team and cause more instability.

Added to that, I think the best way for us to win next week is for us to take the game to Orient and really attack which might involve more tinkering.

Big test for LJ over the next few weeks to find the right formula. Whatever decision he makes needs to be strong and clear.

Notts County Jimmy Sirrel days, another one I worked for is presently manager of the team at the top of this division.

Jimmy's philosophy for the lower leagues was 'they must be big and quick'.

....30+ years ago then BP?

Fooball has changed.

Whilst i obviously want to see winning football, i dont want to watch a big & brutal long ball set of dark ages players.

It's been very interesting listening to Stoke fans since Mark Hughes has come in. They have upmost respect for Pulis in getting them to where they are now, but the lions share haven't enjoyed it as much as they should due to the style of play and type of players they've been watching.

Look - i don't think anyone on here can question your credentials from your years of working in & around the game, but - it has changed.

And, your constant posts always looking for a stick to beat LJ with are becoming more than a little tedious.

It's coming. The win will come. The players we have are good players; better than we have had for a number of years. It just needs time.

Constant negative posts of the same vein week after week just aren't what's needed...

Chin up, tomorrows another day eh?