Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Club in crisis? Behave yourself!

Are we heavily in debt? No

Are we playing at another clubs ground? No

Are we bottom and 10 points adrift? No

Are we losing every game by three or four goals? No

Do we have someone with money looking to buy the club? Yes

Do we have a current owner looking to build a new stand to generate off-field income? Yes

...but delayed it due to interest from a prospective buyer? Maybe

Are we playing promising football? Yes

Are we having the most possession in matches? Yes

Are we creating loads of chances? Yes

Do we have a stronger squad than last year? Yes

Do you honestly - honestly - think the team will click soon and we'll be winning games? Yes

Do we have some of the most pessimistic fans in the country? Yes!

You are not quite grasping the idea of a forum are you mate?

I will spell it out for you...

It's for people to express their opinions. They are welcome to have opinions, but nobody has to agree with them. So if someone posts an opinion that you dont agree with, downboat it if you choose and state why you disagree. Nobody is getting jumped on...if we all agreed, it wouldn't be a forum!

I've seen it all now.

Club in crisis? Behave yourself!

Are we heavily in debt? No

Are we playing at another clubs ground? No

Are we bottom and 10 points adrift? No

Are we losing every game by three or four goals? No

Do we have someone with money looking to buy the club? Yes

Do we have a current owner looking to build a new stand to generate off-field income? Yes

...but delayed it due to interest from a prospective buyer? Maybe

Are we playing promising football? Yes

Are we having the most possession in matches? Yes

Are we creating loads of chances? Yes

Do we have a stronger squad than last year? Yes

Do you honestly - honestly - think the team will click soon and we'll be winning games? Yes

Do we have some of the most pessimistic fans in the country? Yes!

Can we put the ball in the net first? Nope

crisis (noun) turning point or decisive moment, time of acute danger or suspense.

I was at Crawley today. We did not have our best day, but, Lee and his team are young, they are still learning their trade.

I don't for one second think we have a Crisis, more of a problem keeping clean sheets and getting the ball in the onion bag.

This is a "work in progress", it will take time, lets get behind the manager and team and :ktf::peepwall:

Want a bet

On what?

Us being comparable to Pompey, Stockport and Cov, or the word crisis being overused?

To the former, bad form is not a crisis barring exceptional circumstances (double figures of games at the very least). Immediate threat of closure, being crippled for years with sanctions and repayments, being uprooted from your place of origin with a return unlikely. Those are crises for you.

To the latter, Arsenal were in "crisis" after 1 game, now look where they are!

Have,football fans always been this knee jerk or is it a modern phenomenon? the negativity gets tedious. I would go further than Wenger and say that for some on owtb a draw is a crisis! Almost as many posts as when we lose these days!

The world of the internet means that humans no longer feel indifferent anymore they have to exaggerate everything. I felt a little indifferent about yesterday's result walking out of Crawley e lost a game we probably should have won it happens it will happen again.

I think the chopping and changing of the side needs to stop we have not played the same starting eleven in consecutive games .we are a new team that needs to gel that will never happen while partnerships can't develop because they don't play together often enough.LJ needs to be a bit more ruthless and remember he's the boss and not try and give everybody a game

^This.

We had the very same issues with Dickov and, towards the end of his reign, Shez. When the manager doesn't know what his best side is 6 or 7 games into the season then it's fairly acceptable to start questioning things and to start worrying.

However the 'club in crisis' headline and opening tone to this thread is completely over the top. We're not Sheffield United or Tranmere.

^This.

We had the very same issues with Dickov and, towards the end of his reign, Shez. When the manager doesn't know what his best side is 6 or 7 games into the season then it's fairly acceptable to start questioning things and to start worrying.

However the 'club in crisis' headline and opening tone to this thread is completely over the top. We're not Sheffield United or Tranmere.

but tranmere arent in crisis just were they should be

Do You keep picking players if they don't perform? Some have said you need a run to find your form. I agree in an ideal world, but have we got the patience to watch players 'finding form.' I'll be honest, I haven't. To me that is what training is for. When your not winning it's natural to look to make changes. The side will settle down when results pick up, an we get a performance from all of them on the same day. Instead of 5 or 6, an one or two struggling for whatever reason.

Hallelujah !

What's LJ meant to do, pick the same 11 each week if we keep losing.

Dickov did that, and it's not the right thing to do , there must be a fear factor of losing your place.

Let LJ learn , we re highly unlikely to go down , he's trying to build a club, not just a team for 1 season

Isn't it lost 4 and drawn 1 in the last 5 now? It doesn't matter how much we like LJ, or how well we appear to be playing, or how unlucky we are. It's terrible form, and were lucky that there's a few teams playing worse than us at the moment.

Happy clappers or doomongers. It's a worrying run that we don't appear to be looking like getting out of any time soon.

And as for slagging each other off on here over differing opinions? What are you, 12 years old? Come on fellas, you're better than that.