Micah - this week's raising of hopes

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess that Richards would have a lot more suitors when available on a free than Gareth Barry did.

Could backfire for city(and potentially us) if he goes there, plays well and has half the premiership interested in him next year.

I'd guess that Richards would have a lot more suitors when available on a free than Gareth Barry did.

Could backfire for city(and potentially us) if he goes there, plays well and has half the premiership interested in him next year.

exactly what I thought, I'm sure a player of his calibre could interest clubs with more spending funds than Sunderland when he is on a free.

But if City get £2 million say for the loan deal then we should get 20% of that

We don't know that loan fees are covered under the clause. If Richards's move is structured like the Barry deal, it's more likely that the clause will be triggered, since any fee would be dependent on a permanent move. However, as I said, it all depends on him settling and wanting to stay there long term, which is by no means certain.

A done deal (almost);

Manchester City’s longest-serving player Micah Richards is on his way to Fiorentina to complete a loan deal, which could be turned into a permanent transfer next summer.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/01/micah-richards-manchester-city-fiorentina-loan

What happens if they don't want to buy him after one season, I assume Latics would lose out ?

Edited by BP1960

I would think they would protect themselves against that if they are paying a fee upfront for the loan. Similar to what we do with contracts that are for one season with the club able to exercise the option of a further year at their discretion but with some added complication. This is what I would do if I was negotiating it anyway, otherwise you're just paying to get him fit for another team.

10:24

Micah Richards look certain to move on from Manchester City today, with the defender set to join Serie A side Fiorentina.

26-year-old @MCFC right-back Micah #Richards has landed in Florence ahead of a potential move. #ACFFiorentinahttp://t.co/81A5cXzRq8
be9714e4-6be8-41da-96e6-b6e06b9afc5f.jpg

Sep. 1, 2014
  • Retweet
  • Favorite

Matt Chambers said on twitter that he doesn't believe that we'll get a chunk of the loan fee.

If City benefit by this deal and give the Latics nothing, perhaps it could be legally challenged, does anyone know of any precedents?

Edited by BP1960

If City benefit by this deal and give the Latics nothing, perhaps it could be legally challenged, does anyone know of any precedents?

Good luck with that! Legal challenge would probably cost more than we'd get and very limited chance of success. Imagine the calibre of Legal team City could assemble if required against our legal aid bunch.

In the small amount of transfers I have dealt with (more so this summer) any sell on clause is a percentage of a permanent fee of the difference as to what was paid for him.

This simplified, example: Richards gets sold for 100k from Oldham to City and he goes for 4m Oldham receive however much percentage of 3.9m, i'm led to believe that it is 20% (correct me if i'm wrong)

I have dealt with two transfer this summer with a sell on clause from a lower league club. One was a permanent deal, a massive one! and the other was a loan deal with a small payment of which just went to the club the player played for at the time and nothing got given to the previous club.

I very much doubt we will get anything from it, however it all depends what clauses and small print are in those clauses (I deal with some very, very weird ones)