Wolves Highlights

From that I think some of the criticism towards Oxley for their 1st is more than a bit harsh.

Pitty the 2nd goal thy they not show the mistake that lead to Wolves getting possession when we where attacking on the wing. Agree about the stick Oxley has got.

Really, ball comes across, GK's job is to keep hold of the ball, he pushes it straight to the one player who can score against us, just like he did at Rotherham etc. Very poor.

From that I think some of the criticism towards Oxley for their 1st is more than a bit harsh.

Really? I think that was pretty bloody awful goalkeeping. I'm not saying that the second was Oxley's fault - there were a few errors that led to that goal - but he should have come charging off his line once the Wolves man was through.

funny how people see it, from reading on here I thought people were probably being harsh on him as usual but it looked a bad mistake.

Two mistakes have cost us a point by the looks of it which is a shame.

Highlights don't tell the story, they've missed at least 2 free headers in front of goal and Griffiths should have bagged another 2 at the end, we were lucky to have not been done 5 or 6.

Highlights don't tell the story, they've missed at least 2 free headers in front of goal and Griffiths should have bagged another 2 at the end, we were lucky to have not been done 5 or 6.

Or Tony should have put us 1-0 up with a free header six yards out and we would have won 9-0.

How easily does Sako deliver that cros though, Kusunga and Wes needed to get tighter to him, it showed for the looped header that landed on the roof of the net aswell how much of a torrid time Sako gave Kusunga. Hes not a right back.

Aye.

Winch Kusunga Tarky Grounds on sat. Mills injury possibly a blessing in disguise.

Really, ball comes across, GK's job is to keep hold of the ball, he pushes it straight to the one player who can score against us, just like he did at Rotherham etc. Very poor.

No a GK's job is to stop the ball going in the net, he goes to punch a ball away that he needed to deal with, that cross had defender OG written all over it. Probably because of the conditions he doesn't punch it as he would like, but still gets some power behind it, unfortunately for him the ball hits one of their players ricochets past Oxley and the same player has a tap in.

You could argue that Oxley should catch it, but in those conditions he probably chose the correct option, especially considering the bounce the ball took just before it got to him.

No a GK's job is to stop the ball going in the net, he goes to punch a ball away that he needed to deal with, that cross had defender OG written all over it. Probably because of the conditions he doesn't punch it as he would like, but still gets some power behind it, unfortunately for him the ball hits one of their players ricochets past Oxley and the same player has a tap in.

You could argue that Oxley should catch it, but in those conditions he probably chose the correct option, especially considering the bounce the ball took just before it got to him.

Agreed. My reaction on Tuesday was that they would have scored anyway if he hadn't tried to push the ball away and seen nothing on the highlights to make me think otherwise. The conditions were terrible, you can see the water spraying up (especially when the Wolves players are sliding around after the second goal), and if he'd tried to take it in it may have slipped out or under him anyway.

I kept saying on we needed to get the ball in their box/shots on goal as in the conditions any goalkeeper is liable to make a mistake.

Grounds' error was terrible and was the second of 3 made on the night. He had an uncharacteristic stinker. I thought I saw the ref book him after Griffiths' goal, for what I assumed was deliberate handball in the lead up the goal, but that hasn't shown on any press reports since. Was I seeing things?!

True, I just feel total unease with him, he seems to need a right good rocket, he spends most of his time and effort pouting.

If GK's were judged on pouting, i'd have him as England's no 1 at the WC.

Having said that, WHAT A SAVE he made against Carlisle when Miller nearly equalised, I stood and applauded that, he has some talents, but it can't be denied that he's pushed a fair few limp wristers back out into the danger area this season.

I don't rate Oxley from what I have seen and it's not great, but the 2 players on the wing hardly put an effort to stop the cross do they?

They don't do their jobs as much as Oxley for me.

Edited by pukka

Really? I've defended Oxley and, from what I've seen, think he's a very good keeper. But, that was :censored: for their 1st...

Agreed, I had to watch it a few times to decide whether or not Ox was expecting their player to take it to the by-line before crossing, I think that's what he was expecting, hence the hash he made of it when it came early.