Dare i say it... SAF comments -

Mentions in his book that in the 93* season when we beat them 1-0 that it was a big shock to the system but they couldn't handle us and that we were the best team they'd faced the whole season, also says "it's a tragedy what's happened to that club since" nice to hear from a world known football figure! Even if he is a *** *******

* think it was the 93 season, correct me if im wrong.

It certainly is a tragedy what's happened to United since then, still taking on someone elses debt is a sort of charity so maybe there's a silver lining for them.

we'll be playing then next season in the championship... one can only dream

The bloke was undeniably a "top top" manager. He is also in la la land. You have to love the "I'm in charge, no-one crosses me, no-one's bigger than me, rebels have to leave etc. etc..

Oh and by the way - I don't like that Benitez bloke; he's a "control freak"!

Well I suppose it takes one to know one

I was once in a student bar in Warwick that was full of United fans (Obvs).

I had half a Dooleys and started giving them some stick. Half of them hadn't heard of Oldham. I grabbed the quiz ninjas mike and sang 1-0 in 93 to them for about 8 seconds until the wind was knocked out of me by a bouncers boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOTYNDpy0bI

Courtesy of Prozac

I know who are we kidding there's no chance they will get relegated

seem to remember a lot of utd fans saying that around christmas 73

This was before my time so correct me if I'm wrong but 73-74 was the year we won the 3rd division title with a dazzling run in the second half of the season?

This was before my time so correct me if I'm wrong but 73-74 was the year we won the 3rd division title with a dazzling run in the second half of the season?

Indeed it was. We lost at Port Vale on New Year's Day when Harry Dowd broke a finger then went on to win 10 league games on the trot with young Chrus Ogden in goal before eventually losing 1-0 at Chesterfield in March.

Just goes to show that once you hit a purple patch anything can happen. Even after the run came to an end confidence was that high that we went on to smash 6 goals past both Southport and then Huddersfield as we clinched promotion from an unlikely position at the turn of the year

I was once in a student bar in Warwick that was full of United fans (Obvs).

I had half a Dooleys and started giving them some stick. Half of them hadn't heard of Oldham. I grabbed the quiz ninjas mike and sang 1-0 in 93 to them for about 8 seconds until the wind was knocked out of me by a bouncers boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOTYNDpy0bI

Courtesy of Prozac

never get tired of watching this video and i wasnt even around!!

Met him once on the terraces of a non league game, no airs and graces, he was willing to chat to anyone.

Did me a big professional favour with an "official opening" of a new premises in 1997. Nothing in it for him. It was a short interaction, but he really impressed me.