Before we start getting negative

Yes I admit that the top and bottom of it is that we are not getting the results we need to get us out of this god forsaken division, but who realistically thought that we would this season.

And yes we are in relitivly the same position as we were this time last season but before the LJ out army start just think;

1. We are playing much better football.

2. We don't look like being played off the park when top of the table side come.

3. We're not being played off the park - bar wolves we've only lost by one goal each game.

4. Saturday is proof that things are starting to form and work.

Yes we're not doing much yet but we knew at the start that we only had to stay up this season (which we will) whilst the team bonded and gelled so that next season we can launch a proper promotion push.

Tonight was enevitable, they've just hit bottom of the league and sack there manager so there all playing out of there skins for there position again. This season is going to be tough but we will get through it and push up the table next season.

I'm a million miles off thinking we need to change the manager.

I do think he's over-thinking things tactically though and has taken a lot games to not know what his best eleven is.

After getting that equaliser tonight we should have had enough to put away Notts County, regardless of Tarky missing.

Yes I admit that the top and bottom of it is that we are not getting the results we need to get us out of this god forsaken division, but who realistically thought that we would this season.

And yes we are in relitivly the same position as we were this time last season but before the LJ out army start just think;

2. We don't look like being played off the park when top of the table side come.

3. We're not being played off the park - bar wolves we've only lost by one goal each game.

Yes we're not doing much yet but we knew at the start that we only had to stay up this season (which we will) whilst the team bonded and gelled so that next season we can launch a proper promotion push.

Tonight was enevitable, they've just hit bottom of the league and sack there manager so there all playing out of there skins for there position again. This season is going to be tough but we will get through it and push up the table next season.

Will you please stop being sensible and speaking with the voice of reason? Someone will come in and knacker it all up with demands to give LJ the Spanish Archer and dub at least half of the team either ":censored:" or "wank". See what you've started?

Good post though. :OASISscarf:

Any sain latics fan (if there is such a thing) will see that the last thing we should do is sack him but I do agree that he needs to figure out his strongest 11 and keep to it as close as he can only making changes for injuries and suspensions.

Edited by Oafc1895

Nice.

...and i totally agree

true,i just think it was a bit of false hope at the first few games of the season,we should be well used to looking up the table at everyone else by now,i just think LJ has lost his way a bit this last month,maybe a older head needed with him i dont no,just a opinion!!

true,i just think it was a bit of false hope at the first few games of the season,we should be well used to looking up the table at everyone else by now,i just think LJ has lost his way a bit this last month,maybe a older head needed with him i dont no,just a opinion!!

An experienced number 2 next to him would be ideal ie like Dickov has Donny, someone for him to sound ideas off.

Can't believe sacking him is even being mentioned , it's gonna take minimum 3 seasons to turn the club around , LJ s doing ok , it's his first season as a manager, we were never gonna take the league by storm ffs !!

This club will take more than 3 seasons to be turned around. I'm doubtful it will be turned around in my lifetime. There's a serious cancer running through the club at the moment. Can't put my finger on what it is, but it definitely isn't Lee Johnson...

There's not much Johnson can do when his defenders don't pick up their men all game. It could have been 4 or 5 by half time and each goal was because the scorer was left unmarked. It was poor, but we scored two pretty good goals ourselves and it was only until the last couple of minutes of injury time that I knew the game was up. Can't say I'd have said the same last season.

Not a great night, but stuff to build on, like JCH and the chances we did make. Don't think Johnson needs to make too many changes, and definitely doesn't need 2 loan players in (unless Mills/Lanzoni are out for a while). Once the defence is settled, we'll be alright.

I do think he's over-thinking things tactically though and has taken a lot games to not know what his best eleven is.

After getting that equaliser tonight we should have had enough to put away Notts County, regardless of Tarky missing.

Said the same thing to my mate about him over analysing. I think he's got that many ideas; I think it sometimes gets in the way of doing the simple things well. ( like playing players in their natural positions)

Look, we've a crap ground and not much cash, therefore cannot afford to buy top players. We have to rely on manager to coach the players we have to become better.

My question = do you think LJ has improved our players that we're here last season? (All be it not many here from last season, mainly youth) Can't judge his signings really, although not overly keen on Sid. Korey Smith is a Championship midfielder tho!

My question = do you think LJ has improved our players that we're here last season? (All be it not many here from last season, mainly youth) Can't judge his signings really, although not overly keen on Sid. Korey Smith is a Championship midfielder tho!

Mellor, Winchester and Wesolowski much improved, and Tarky is 19474828282858591051247584 times the player he was last season. So, I'd say yes he has improved them...

Mellor, Winchester and Wesolowski much improved, and Tarky is 19474828282858591051247584 times the player he was last season. So, I'd say yes he has improved them...

Add Millar into that group too.

Though Grounds brings the average down slightly, as IMO, he has gone backwards when deployed at LB.

LJ is improving players. His starting point for that improvement is actually acknowledging them and speaking to them; and making the younger fringe players feel a part of the group - and having faith to play them.

This club will take more than 3 seasons to be turned around. I'm doubtful it will be turned around in my lifetime. There's a serious cancer running through the club at the moment. Can't put my finger on what it is, but it definitely isn't Lee Johnson...

Have to agree with Lee unless someone happens to come along that honestly loves our club and wants to spend :censored:loads of cash, I'd say given the current state of things a premiership manager would struggle to get this club off the ground let alone a rookie manager who at the very least has put together the foundations of a side few would have ever imagined.

Playing really good football, Punching well above it's weight in a much tougher league with some of the heavyweight big money sides that have dropped down from the championship,Yes we all have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture, Young side, Young manager that's trying to build a stable future with little to no money and no time to do it in either.

The guys on a hiding to nothing and I hate to say it but what the hell do you all expect??? The clubs still on life support and L.J saved it from certain death last season, He's still administering C.P.R and there's a faint response but long term solution to the problem? We all await with baited breath!

I've not been reading posts because I only expect us to be bouncing above the relegation places until Christmas. Then my expectations leave us with a mid table finish and I remain hopeful that we will progress all the way in the JPT.

This post is spot on. It is now an enjoyable experience to watch us play in the league and I don't expect us to capitulate any more. Not in favour of short term loans, it would be better to stop Tarky going on those runs.

I posted a few weeks ago that Ive enjoyed watching Latics this season better than for years. I still say that. We've got players of ability and with good attitudes, as well as a philosophy of play that is positive .

At the same time I'm a realist. Most players at this level are inconsistently good. They obviously have talent otherwise they wouldn't be professional footballers but either through application, coaching, or something else, they don't produce top notch performances every game. And getting eleven players to do so at the same time seems as difficult as herding cats. So a manager coach has to address the assorted egos, personalities, insecuritues, and levels of ambition in his squad as a work in progress. Especially when lots arrive in a short time. So this season was bound to be one of one step forward, one sideways, one back. Hopefully as it goes on there'll be more forward.

LJ is also learning. The three most succesful managers in my time have been Jack Rowley, Jimmy Frizzell, and Joe Royle. Rowley operated in a different era but shared one key attribute with Royle. The ability to spot gems released by other clubs - Lister, Williams, Ledger, Whitaker. Big Joe showed his class in this with in many cases. I believe that LJ has the same talent and that, as he learns how to get the best out of his disparate bunch, they will grow in terms of consistency and output.

Football nowadays is in danger of bowing to the shrill calls for instant success, where people are either good or crap. Sorry, but I'll never sign up to that in any walk of life. Latics are , I really believe, in the early stages of climbing out of a pretty stagnant era. And when you climb , you'll slip at times. But this is a positive time and fans have a part to play in building momentum.

I'd love us to win every game but it's not going to happen. This is a season to raise the level of base camp. That's achievable with our squad and manager - they're not perfect but it's still a better time than for seasons.

LJ is improving players. His starting point for that improvement is actually acknowledging them and speaking to them; and making the younger fringe players feel a part of the group - and having faith to play them.

That's another reason. I'd rather watch crap that we've developed, products from our own youth academy, rather than premier league youth players that don't care about the club. LJ has realised, finally that Mellor, Millar and CW have potential and is final given them the chance that yet have deserved for at least 2 seasons. LJ is developing them even more and all three will be good players

I posted a few weeks ago that Ive enjoyed watching Latics this season better than for years. I still say that. We've got players of ability and with good attitudes, as well as a philosophy of play that is positive .

At the same time I'm a realist. Most players at this level are inconsistently good. They obviously have talent otherwise they wouldn't be professional footballers but either through application, coaching, or something else, they don't produce top notch performances every game. And getting eleven players to do so at the same time seems as difficult as herding cats. So a manager coach has to address the assorted egos, personalities, insecuritues, and levels of ambition in his squad as a work in progress. Especially when lots arrive in a short time. So this season was bound to be one of one step forward, one sideways, one back. Hopefully as it goes on there'll be more forward.

LJ is also learning. The three most succesful managers in my time have been Jack Rowley, Jimmy Frizzell, and Joe Royle. Rowley operated in a different era but shared one key attribute with Royle. The ability to spot gems released by other clubs - Lister, Williams, Ledger, Whitaker. Big Joe showed his class in this with in many cases. I believe that LJ has the same talent and that, as he learns how to get the best out of his disparate bunch, they will grow in terms of consistency and output.

Football nowadays is in danger of bowing to the shrill calls for instant success, where people are either good or crap. Sorry, but I'll never sign up to that in any walk of life. Latics are , I really believe, in the early stages of climbing out of a pretty stagnant era. And when you climb , you'll slip at times. But this is a positive time and fans have a part to play in building momentum.

I'd love us to win every game but it's not going to happen. This is a season to raise the level of base camp. That's achievable with our squad and manager - they're not perfect but it's still a better time than for seasons.

Spot on, Pete. Excellently put.

All this talk of an experienced is number is just that, a number two.

My only worry is that whatever division you're in you need that extra quality at times (Baxter, Croft, Big Jean), and that we may have sacrificed a touch of quality for extra numbers.

As for sacking the manager...that would be the worst move made since Dave Penny was appointed.

All this talk of an experienced is number is just that, a number two.

My only worry is that whatever division you're in you need that extra quality at times (Baxter, Croft, Big Jean), and that we may have sacrificed a touch of quality for extra numbers.

As for sacking the manager...that would be the worst move made since Dave Penny was appointed.

Excellent post, just one flaw, Big Jean, quality? Frustrating yes. liability yes. I thought he was average at best.