Bradford game

Well I'm going to both, so that would be one off the attendance. Bear in mind Bradford is a big rugby league city as well.

Yeah but it's Bradford City FOOTBALL club, who cares if Bradford has a large number of rugby fans, how does that affect a FOOTBALL attendance, they have a large number of muslims as well but they wouldn't move the game for a muslim festival.

Provided that the number of people who are unable to go because it clashes with the RL > the number of people who are unable to go because it is on a Sunday, then moving the game is worth it, even if that number is only 1. As the switch happened in June, only about a week after the fixture list game out, and obviously has the consent of both clubs, then I think the clubs think it is quite likely that the switch will increase the attendance, and I'm inclined to agree with them. Furthermore, given that moving it is in the RL interest too then I wouldn't be surprised if they had gotten involved either for some benefit now or a benefit in the future.

Yeah but it's Bradford City FOOTBALL club, who cares if Bradford has a large number of rugby fans, how does that affect a FOOTBALL attendance, they have a large number of muslims as well but they wouldn't move the game for a muslim festival.

The RLWC final kicks off at Old Trafford at 2:30pm, so due to the physical impossibility of appearing in two places at one time it is only natural to assume this would impact the attendance at Boundary Park as a number of Oldham & Bradford fans will also be RL fans. Therefore the clubs agree to move the fixture in an attempt to maximise the attendance and therefore monetary gains.

The club will never win when they dare to modify some people's routine but in this case it seems best for the club, or at least worth a try.

As for Muslim festivals, I'm unaware of their kick off times so cannot comment.

Edited by LaticsChris

People like both sports innit. Might go Old Trafford instead of BP. Might be better.

Get over it.

One change in a season, hardly life changing.

I can see how apt your user name is, you do talk a lot of it. Well chosen.

I talk alot of it, and alex alot of it too.

Still don't get why a RL fixture has affected a football fixture, I was reading the paper the other day and an England Rugby Union fixture against Argentina (that was also a friendly) had more coverage than the RL WC match against Fiji. (I think it was Fiji) That sums up the lack of interest in the RL WC.

Still don't get why a RL fixture has affected a football fixture, I was reading the paper the other day and an England Rugby Union fixture against Argentina (that was also a friendly) had more coverage than the RL WC match against Fiji. (I think it was Fiji) That sums up the lack of interest in the RL WC.

Whilst I don't know which paper you were reading I would suggest this is because Union is the more mainstream sport. In this area and Bradford, however, League is the bigger sport. Hence the attempt to accommodate the fans of both.

Besides, the Autumn Internationals aren't 'friendlies', they're more like the football international matches in the days before lots of substitutions and withdrawals. They mean a lot.

In Huddersfield just a few miles over the hill from Oldham. They just had a stadium record crowd. That was a for a RL fixture. More than any other game at that stadium.

That would suggest there is a lot of interest in the area.

RL doesn't get the coverage in the press Union does because the people who write the papers are in the south as are most of the people who buy the papors. Rugby League is in the North, Lancashire and Yorkshire primarily.

Oldham is in Lancashire (conurbation act yada yada yada) Bradford is in Yorkshire. It is a small sport, it is however big in these areas. Our areas

When you are making as little money as we are, a few people staying at home to watch a game (it is live on BBC so everyone can watch it) Or even going to the game which is only a few miles a way. Would hit us hard. Our Margins are paper thin. 300 off a crowd could hurt us.

Also the club might be hoping a few neutrals could turn up for something to do on a Sunday.

In Huddersfield just a few miles over the hill from Oldham. They just had a stadium record crowd. That was a for a RL fixture. More than any other game at that stadium.

RL doesn't get the coverage in the press Union does because the people who write the papers are in the south as are most of the people who buy the papors. Rugby League is in the North, Lancashire and Yorkshire primarily.

Oldham is in Lancashire (conurbation act yada yada yada) Bradford is in Yorkshire. It is a small sport, it is however big in these areas. Our areas

When you are making as little money as we are, a few people staying at home to watch a game (it is live on BBC so everyone can watch it) Or even going to the game which is only a few miles a way. Would hit us hard. Our Margins are paper thin. 300 off a crowd could hurt us.

Also the club might be hoping a few neutrals could turn up for something to do on a Sunday.

Dangerously rational...

I'm going to the Final, looking forward to it. May even go to the Pie Dome for the 1/4 final too...

Oldham is a massive Rugby League town, just because our team is on its arse there is still a huge fan base that watch, play and coach RL. Common sense from Latics and Bradford...

I'm going to the Final, looking forward to it. May even go to the Pie Dome for the 1/4 final too...

Oldham is a massive Rugby League town, just because our team is on its arse there is still a huge fan base that watch, play and coach RL. Common sense from Latics and Bradford...

spot on Prozac, if roughyheads were to ever become successful again.. the fan base would be there to get more fans in the stadium then we currently do!

There was also an RL attendance record at Spotland - a little under 9,000.