Liam Dickinson

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickinson is more interested in getting pissed in manchester acting the "big footballer" in crappy VIP areas.....been there seen it and wouldn't want him. He had a good spell at Stockport along time ago end of!

I know I'm amazed people on this thread think he's "worth a punt" people have taken a punt on him and he's let them down.

We have jch who can be all the things Dickinson could have been had he put his mind to it.

If we are going to take a punt on an unproven player why not a youngster in non league who has never had a chance at the professional game I'm sure BP1960 could recommend a young non league striker who would be worth a shout.

We have jch who can be all the things Dickinson could have been had he put his mind to it.

If we are going to take a punt on an unproven player why not a youngster in non league who has never had a chance at the professional game I'm sure BP1960 could recommend a young non league striker who would be worth a shout.

I'm a bit out of touch at the moment, no doubt a few will spring to prominence this weekend in the F.A Cup, and a lots of scouts will be at the England C game against the Czech Republic under 21s in a couple of weeks time.

add crofty to the list too

so sad that a player with the talent just doesn't want it enough anymore to get himself in top shape and stay that way otherwise i'd guarantee LJ would have signed him

Lj wouldn't have signed either Dickinson or croft if they could have stayed fit and focused both would be making a living in the championship atleast.

Your right it's a shame some footballers choose to waste their talent. About a month ago I was out in Manc city centre and who's at the bar necking shots at 3am in the morning, Michael Johnson he of ex city fame who's completely lost interest in football.

Your right it's a shame some footballers choose to waste their talent. About a month ago I was out in Manc city centre and who's at the bar necking shots at 3am in the morning, Michael Johnson he of ex city fame who's completely lost interest in football.

Not surprised with his injury record...

For whatever reason since leaving Stockport it simply hasn't worked out for him. He hasn't settled and although he has still bagged a few at 28 he must surely realise he is in the last chance saloon. For me if he's not costing much it's a low risk for us. If it works out given we are local to his roots he'll want to stay, if he's completely lost it or not up to it then it's a no lose situation.

He has the physical presence to cause teams problems and if LJ is capable of bringing him back to anywhere near the level he was in 2008 then he will be an asset. A short-term deal wouldn't harm anyone - we get a Plan B, he gets a shop window....

I was talking to Jim Gannon who is now the sales manager at Arnold Clark motors in Manchester. Jim said that Liams ankle did not fuse correctly after his injury and will never be more than 70% match fit.

There was a headline on the official earlier that id thought id seen about signing on trail.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20131108-dickinson-1161924.aspx

Cheers, totally missed that.

My two penneth, stay well clear, not needed, although i'd have snapped your hand up 2008, remember Edgeley well when they tore us a new one,in fact wasn't it our first lost of the season? Pilkington, Rowe, Raynes, and the lad thats just gone Rochdale from Brighton. Talented squad that.