Liam Dickinson

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 in 30 for League 2 Southend last season. Fairly scratchy from various clubs higher up prior to that.

At 6'4" however, could play the target man role that neither Rooney, nor JCH look like they can play.

Still only 28. Worth a punt.

they were talking about him signing for stockport a few months ago, I think that says it all.

Good player a few years ago but has never been the same since he left stockport.

A no for me.

In that playoff final for Stockport against Rochdale, he looked like one of the most dominant strikers about. He seemed to have everything.

Yet every time he seemed to play against us for his multiple clubs he did nothing.

For all the attributes he's got, the fact that he hasn't got a club says it all.

For whatever reason since leaving Stockport it simply hasn't worked out for him. He hasn't settled and although he has still bagged a few at 28 he must surely realise he is in the last chance saloon. For me if he's not costing much it's a low risk for us. If it works out given we are local to his roots he'll want to stay, if he's completely lost it or not up to it then it's a no lose situation.

He has the physical presence to cause teams problems and if LJ is capable of bringing him back to anywhere near the level he was in 2008 then he will be an asset. A short-term deal wouldn't harm anyone - we get a Plan B, he gets a shop window....

For whatever reason since leaving Stockport it simply hasn't worked out for him. He hasn't settled and although he has still bagged a few at 28 he must surely realise he is in the last chance saloon. For me if he's not costing much it's a low risk for us. If it works out given we are local to his roots he'll want to stay, if he's completely lost it or not up to it then it's a no lose situation.

He has the physical presence to cause teams problems and if LJ is capable of bringing him back to anywhere near the level he was in 2008 then he will be an asset. A short-term deal wouldn't harm anyone - we get a Plan B, he gets a shop window....

My sentiments exactly, worth a punt.....!

In that playoff final for Stockport against Rochdale, he looked like one of the most dominant strikers about. He seemed to have everything.

Yet every time he seemed to play against us for his multiple clubs he did nothing.

For all the attributes he's got, the fact that he hasn't got a club says it all.

he was unplayable that day. It was only 5 years ago and look at Stockport and Dickinson now.

I don't think we'd need him, especially with what Corney said about all our strikers. He'd need a lot of managing too, and we've already got that with JCH, who's got potential on his side rather than the fact he used to be good.

I find it strange how we have taken him on trial days after corney says we have enough forwards and some people aren't performing

I remember him running our back line ragged when he played upfront on his own one year but he's never really progressed. A target man wouldn't hurt but where do the other forwards then fit in.

|I still think DP and Charlie Mac are the way forward with JCH to be swapped in when needed.

There's nothing like a good old over reaction.

I only see the worst case scenario. He played against us for Southend in the FA cup and was laughably crap. Since then hes broken his ankle and hasnt regained fitness. He had a good season for Stockport. Juan Ugarte once did well for Wrexham. These freeks of nature happen. Not worth any sort of punt IMO

I find it strange how we have taken him on trial days after corney says we have enough forwards and some people aren't performing

I remember him running our back line ragged when he played upfront on his own one year but he's never really progressed. A target man wouldn't hurt but where do the other forwards then fit in.

|I still think DP and Charlie Mac are the way forward with JCH to be swapped in when needed.

Have I missed something???

Dickinson 2008 was a cracker. Very much a lone striker who held the ball up well and was supported by narrow wide men in Tommy Rowe and Anthony Pilkington.

He had a yard of pace, a powerful shot and an ability to be in the right place at the right time.

That player with Dayton and Philliskirk would be an excellent front three.

Whether that player still exists is another question.

But he certainly had a knack of scoring big goals at key times in big games.

I think that suggests the level he's at nowadays. Shame as the world was his oyster back in the Summer of 2008. For it to go so badly wrong for him in a little over 5 years is such a shame.

All the best to him and if we are looking at alternative striking options I'm sure we won't be short of targets....