Oldham 1-1 Wolves

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this, then Gillingham equalised in injury-time at home against Brackley.

Other ties probably stand out too.

Scunthorpe Vs Grimsby (local derby)

Gateshead Vs Oxford (realistic upset possibility)

Hoping it's on telly as I can't really justify another day off work like the league game.

Fantastic start, Kusunga all game was brilliant. Opening 10 minutes could of been 2-0 up, however then we let them back into it and Wolves looked really good, was only a matter of time till they scored.

Second half FAR better - pressed them high up the pitch, didn't give them time on the ball and had 2/3 close chances. Millar's effort was fantastic and everyone in the Chaddy thought it was in.

Really good game, much better than I thought it would be as in all honesty I thought we'd get rolled 3-0 but bring on the replay. Only downside was arguing with a couple of bell ends behind me but won't let that ruin a good performance well done lads same again tuesday!

After we scored I thought we showed them to much respect and they were by far the better team in the 1st half, we were lucky to go in level at half time. What a improved performance after the break, got into their faces, Korey led by example, Sako was invisible after the break, how we did not win in the end I do not know, even seen penalties given for the Sako handball. All in all a decent cup tie in proper football conditions.

It could have been given, he certainly touched it with his hand, a lad near me thought he had controlled it deliberately but not sure myself.

Really pleased with the performance, particularly 2nd half. Tarky, barring a couple of Reuben Hazell moments, was a rock, Dayton was immense for 25mins in 2nd half until switched to the right, but my MOM was our captain; he was absolutely outstanding throughout, never gave anyone one a moments peace, it was like looking at 2 weso's with one of the twins having that extra class on the ball. It was a true captains display, well done KOREY!

Special mention must go to David Mellor as well, who dealt admirably with the ever-changing Wolves threat down the right, composed, strong, not without pace and as we all know comfortable on the deck - his best performance at LB since the MK Dons match a couple of years ago. I'm still convinced he's our man for CM with Smith but for now he's doing a very sound job.

It could have been given, he certainly touched it with his hand, a lad near me thought he had controlled it deliberately but not sure myself.

Really pleased with the performance, particularly 2nd half. Tarky, barring a couple of Reuben Hazell moments, was a rock, Dayton was immense for 25mins in 2nd half until switched to the right, but my MOM was our captain; he was absolutely outstanding throughout, never gave anyone one a moments peace, it was like looking at 2 weso's with one of the twins having that extra class on the ball. It was a true captains display, well done KOREY!

Special mention must go to David Mellor as well, who dealt admirably with the ever-changing Wolves threat down the right, composed, strong, not without pace and as we all know comfortable on the deck - his best performance at LB since the MK Dons match a couple of years ago. I'm still convinced he's our man for CM with Smith but for now he's doing a very sound job.

Thought Mellor did ok, just that. In the 1st half he never gave us an attacking option by looking to overlap, so we looked lost for ideas on the left. Agree about Korey though my MOM too.

I thought for large periods we sat way too deep - it reminded me of the swindon game where we did the same - let them pass it around at the back looking for an opening whilst our strikers chase said passes. What i wanted was our midfield to push further up and give them less time - hopefully creating an opening. We tried to push now and again but it seemed we did it pretty half arsed - smith had a go then wes tried then philliskirk but we needed them to push together.

I thought for large periods we sat way too deep - it reminded me of the swindon game where we did the same - let them pass it around at the back looking for an opening whilst our strikers chase said passes. What i wanted was our midfield to push further up and give them less time - hopefully creating an opening.

Or chasing too much, leaving ourselves wide open and easy to pick apart...