Oldham 1-1 Wolves

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latics should play Philliskirk with Clarke- Harris as the strikers against Notts County, some of his shielding of the ball and lay offs were excellent,

Also back to 2 wingers for this game.

Edited by BP1960

Smith put in yet another excellent shift.

Tarky, wobbles apart, also put in another good shift.

I like Kusunga -good, fully committed defender.

Dayton looked good and Rooney and JCH worked hard, as did wes.

Mellor had a good second half, but they exposed him on a number of occasions in the first half. He looked dodgy, but fair play, he improved.

Oxley still makes me nervous.

Good team effort but I still think we lack that bit of quality upfront, cm and wide right.

Apart from that big lad, who does look a good player, wolves look like what they are, a third division team. I suggest that next time we stop paying them so much respect.

I've supported Rooney against a lot of the criticism he's received, but I think it's time for him to be dropped again.

Ineffective today, emphasised even more by JCH's constant involvement in the match. Again it felt like he had the least touches out of anybody, not from a lack of effort, he just doesn't seem to find the space like others. I can't wait until MacDonald is fit again. I get the feeling Rooney is more useful against the poorer sides who we will dominate more enabling him to get into the box.

Kusunga was superb today handling Sako well, Mellor put in some crunching tackles against a bombardment down his side of the pitch. Being a little deep at times coupled with some poor distribution from defence forced a lot of pressure onto us during the first half but we recovered in the second half. Although again, Wes and Smith proved industrious, with Philliskirk, JCH and Dayton gave us some composure on the ball up top.

Enjoyed the match, especially the atmosphere in the Chaddy. Proper FA Cup tie in the terrible weather! Shame about a replay having recently played them at Molineux...Might consider it if they lower the ticket prices though.

Edited by NewBlue

I thought Mellor and Dayton were poor first half. They both got roasted every time Wolves came forward. Their whole attacking threat was down that side and was only a matter of time before they scored from a cross from there - which they duly did.

Mellor isn't a left back for me. Has a mare nearly every time and the oppo always target him - for good reason....

I thought Mellor and Dayton were poor first half. They both got roasted every time Wolves came forward. Their whole attacking threat was down that side and was only a matter of time before they scored from a cross from there - which they duly did.

Mellor isn't a left back for me. Has a mare nearly every time and the oppo always target him - for good reason....

Wait till Connor Brown is back, Dan : they'll target him instead...

He's a centre mid. Johnson knows it, hence at Rotherham, his first appearance of the season, being in midfield before being sent off.

What were we doing after going 1-0 up?

Let them have the ball and wait for them to score, which they duly did.

Much better second half from us. Pressed them. Created chances. Deserved the win. One day we'll get it.

Only two defeats in eight now.

We keep doing this, inviting pressure after getting an early goal. Should not be happening at home.

Enjoyable game today and nothing to fear in the replay.

Hope we have ago at them instead of the 1-4-6-0 we played at their place last month.

Hope we haven't overdone ourselves for Tuesday !!!

Well done lads and like earlier comment we are only a Kilkenny and a decent CF away from being a top team.

We keep doing this, inviting pressure after getting an early goal. Should not be happening at home.

Exactly this. We got at them in the first 5-10 minutes, scored, then stopped doing what had brought us success. Sat back and gave them too much room. The equaliser was then inevitable. We're not good enough to defend a slender lead for 88 minutes....

Exactly this. We got at them in the first 5-10 minutes, scored, then stopped doing what had brought us success. Sat back and gave them too much room. The equaliser was then inevitable. We're not good enough to defend a slender lead for 88 minutes....

Hang on a minute, haven't we conceded first in almost all our matches so far?

Another entertaining game with loads of skill and commitment on show.

Every team in the land is looking at a weakness that needs improving. We missed chances, they missed chances but apart from 20minutes we competed skilfully toe to toe with a very good ( and costly) side. We were definitely the better side for longer than they were.

I think the transition from a team of losing journeymen to a side winning with a little panache is continuing to take shape. I feel sure our patience will be rewarded before the end of the season with a better win ratio.

With a new stand in prospect within the year, team strengthening of better quality players will come to the fore.

KTF

It's nigh on impossible to keep that intensity up for 90 mins...