Shrewsbury

I can't see Shrewsbury being as bad as they were in the JPT game, nor can I see us being as good. I expect (and would be perfectly happy with) a scrappy 1-0 win.

I've never seen us beat another team at our level so convincingly as we did then but I'd be very surprised if their weak links (right back and central defence especially) are still in their starting XI so it's likely to be a more resolute team we're up against.

That said, we should still be the better team and it's a great opportunity for 3 points.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to start Schmeltz for me, they were :censored: scared of him last time and their fans thought he was a world beater. Could also see MacDonald and Rooney starting this one and him resting JCH & DP however that would be 3 changes coupled with Mellor for Mills and Lanzoni/Brown for Kusunga. Would LJ make 5 changes for a match? I know he likes to tinker...

Hope the recent good form has tempted a few more to make the trip. Looking at this fixture last month it was definitely on the avoid list.

I went to the JPT game as it was a new ground, cheaper prices and I hadn't started working Tuesday nights at the time.

I guess that some people may be put off by a combination of those 3 things, but our good form should add a few on.

250-300 would be my guess. Pity it's not on a Saturday.

He has to start Schmeltz for me, they were :censored: scared of him last time and their fans thought he was a world beater. Could also see MacDonald and Rooney starting this one and him resting JCH & DP however that would be 3 changes coupled with Mellor for Mills and Lanzoni/Brown for Kusunga. Would LJ make 5 changes for a match? I know he likes to tinker...

2 Changes are enforced and I think that we can all see Rooney and Mac starting to give the front 2 a rest to get them ready for the 3 home games.

Sid for the new lad would be the only shock or maybe not such a shock really! He does have the speed and skill to be quite lethal, lets see it!

I really do believe that Sid needs games and we should put up with his lack of defensive attributes in exchange for all he offers going forward

I'd have gone on a Sat. Tues are a nightmare.

Oxley

Lanzoni

Tarkowski

Grounds

Mellor

Schmeltz

Wesolowski

Smith

Dayton

Rooney

Philliskirk

That team looks good to me. Unlucky for Charlie Mac but Rooney and Philliskirk played so well together against them last time that those two would edge it for me.

I'd play Schmeltz on the right with Lanzoni behind him or on the left with Grounds behind him. But not on the left with Mellor backing him up, we'd be too exposed on that side imo.

Johnson will rest JCH with a doubt. He said a couple of weeks ago that he's not built to play 3 in a week, which it would be for him. I see MacDonald in his place as we beat them with speed in the JPT didn't we? Philliskirk has to play as he scored 2 against them last time. Schmeltz too should feature, but he's an impact sub in reality.

Having won £100 on Latics win and both teams to score (vs Wolves) - I've decide to go tonight.

Setting off at about half 5 from Manchester city centre. We better make the KO.

You should be ok for KO. I reckon about 1hr 45mins from Middleton, mind you I am setting off at 5.

That team looks good to me. Unlucky for Charlie Mac but Rooney and Philliskirk played so well together against them last time that those two would edge it for me.

I'd play Schmeltz on the right with Lanzoni behind him or on the left with Grounds behind him. But not on the left with Mellor backing him up, we'd be too exposed on that side imo.

I tend to agree with that as perhaps Philly might not need a rest plus anybody in front of Mellor (who must play left back) might leave us exposed unless its Dayton

What are the other options to Mellor at Left Back? I do like the kid, but he's a central midfielder, it goes back to the square peg, round hole comments I've made previously.

If Grounds played Left Back, would that mean Mellor at centre half??

If so i'd definitely stick with the team I mentioned earlier.

I like Charlie Mac, but Rooney and Philly destroyed them in the JPT, and Rooney has been doing reasonably well since being dropped, like coming on against Wolves and bagging, he hasn't whined like a bitch (at least not in public)

Gonna be a tough game tonight, but i'd like to think we can win, so i'm going to say 2-1 Latics.

Winchester or Smith at RB with Lanzoni at CB and Grounds going back to LB?

That’s too many changes to the defence.

Smith at RB with Rodgers in CM will do me. Bring Lanzoni on with 25mins left to build him up for a start at RB against Bradford with Smith moving back to the middle.

One for the statto’s – when did we last win 2 consecutive away games in the league?

Thats too many changes to the defence.

Smith at RB with Rodgers in CM will do me. Bring Lanzoni on with 25mins left to build him up for a start at RB against Bradford with Smith moving back to the middle.

One for the stattos when did we last win 2 consecutive away games in the league?

No Mills or kusunga so there has to be 2 changes. Unless you mean you'd rather keep the CB pairing so same number of personnel changes but one less positional change?

Id still go for Lanzoni at CB as that would mean 3 of the defence will have played together a few times in some form at least. Decent problem to have though as I'd be happy with either.

Edited by nzlatic

#oafc Oxley, Grounds, Tarkowski, Smith, MacDonald, Mellor, Rodgers, Lanzoni, Dayton, Petrasso, Philliskirk

#oafc (subs) Rachubka, Wesolowski, Schmeltz, Rooney, Clarke-Harris, Winchester, Belezika

So in come Charlie Mac, Mellor, Rodgers and Lanzoni. Mills back at Burnley, Weso, JCH on the bench and Kasunga suspended. #oafc