Latics v Bradford post match reaction

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you would say that BP, you most probably watch 2 sides during a football game, unlike some on here.

Yet again disjointed picks up my posts. You seem to be unable to accept the opinions of others might be relevant or even correct.

For the whole of the first half Bradford worked it to their right back to lump it forward to 6ft 6 Hansen.

As the Coventry manager described Bradford, 'dark ages' football!

Good game, especially the first half. fair result.

Great save by Oxley.

Great goal by JCH.

Good all round team performance.

Sid has a lot of talent but he is so wasteful.

That Canadian kid looked like :censored: off a shovel.

Bradford are a bit of a blast from the past. Long ball, high ball, diving, very physical.

Fair play, good support. I especially enjoyed their rendition of Anarchy in the UK.

They are one of the most structured teams we'll face this season. They're well constructed to play the system they do with big-man-little-man and lots of long-balls, that's why I'm pleased we got a point and contained their strikers relatively well.

Again, Wes and Smith ran the show, broke play up, spread to the wingers, who I thought all had busy games causing a threat, Petrasso especially stood out. Our central-midfield has gelled brilliantly of late. They're a force. Cover the defence effectively and also build attacks. Wes has improved exponentially.

It was a very balanced, 50/50 game that really did feel like a match between two top-half/play-off standard sides. Very enjoyable match with a big home crowd. Can we play on a Sunday every week?

Hoof ball is aimless wellying of the ball, I don't think Bradford did that, the manager has a game plan and the players to make it work.

The Latics approach is much more subtle and LJ hasn't yet got the settled team he needs to make it fully effective.

The second half of the season should be very interesting for both clubs.

Dinosaur tactics by Parkinson. Wells looked like he had terrific movement and could have been a massive thorn in the side for us, but their tactics didn't seem to do him any favours.

A few here have said Wes MOM. Whilst I agree he was immense, I thought Grounds was flawless. Mom for me...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Dinosaur tactics by Parkinson. Wells looked like he had terrific movement and could have been a massive thorn in the side for us, but there tactics didn't seem to do him any favours.

A few here have said Wes MOM. Whilst I agree he was immense, I thought Grounds was flawless. Mom for me...

Wells will likely be gone in January.

Would've taken a draw before the game, and it was a fair result. Good match that was in danger of being ruined by an awful ref - pissed about with the placing of the ball at corners but consistently bottled out of big decisions for both sides (Hanson and Plummer should both have been sent off). Great performance by Wes, one of the smallest players on the pitch but stood up to their physical threat better than anyone. Superb goal by JCH - if the keeper had got a hand to that it would've taken his fingers off. I think schmeltz might have surpassed his miss v Swindon - great pace and very entertaining but dear God he needs to develop an end product.

Fair play to the bradford fans who joined in the applause for Charlie Lees. Credit where it's due.

Thought the ref had a fairly decent game to be honest. A weak ref would have sent a couple off and given two penalties. Probably to Bradford. That said, We could have had two penny's ourselves but they were more half shouts rather than stonewallers. All in all I think he handled a fierce local derby fairly well. We could have had much, much worse.

Wes was probably my MOM purely on workrate. Hustled the midfield and was tryi to get the ball at every opportunity. Nice slide rule pass for our goal and apart from losing imputetus late on he was superb. Danny Philliskirk is a pleasure to watch for me. Such tidy control and worked unbelievably hard tracking back to pick the ball up. His tackle to set the one-on-one up for JCH was top drawer. Outstanding talent.

Great point that I felt. Bradford are no mugs and, albeit a bit one dimensional, they're a very strong, physical side. Would not be surprised to see them make the playoffs providing they keep hold of Wells.

on a different point.

looking at new songs. I had already thought of this and when i heard bradford singing a different version today it will sound ok.

I am a latics fan

Im not mancunion. or ( I am a lancastrian )

I know what I like and I know where to get it

walking down sheepfoot lane

and iiiiiiiiiii will always beeeeeeeee

O. A. F. CCCCCCCCCCC.

Firstly, not sure what it what it was but loved it today! Can we play every Sunday? The atmosphere just seemed completely different!

Thought it was a great game and a fantastic advert to league 1;2 very good sides with a great contrast in styles. I didn't think Bradford were spectacular but you can see why they hurt teams. If we had a player like Hanson then I am sure we would play exactly the same way.

Wes was outstanding and MOM IMO followed closely by Sidney who showed some great touches which turned defence into attack in a second by a CRUYFF or a drop of the shoulder! Great call by LJ to bring PLummer off who was clearly tiring and young MIke who I have heard is well out of his depth was a threat once he came on. JCH made up for his dreadful miss with a " Thunderbuster" which could have broken a hand easily and Philli was classy throughout (need to get him involved more throughout the game). Would like to see Grounds open his body up once he has possession - he only seems to be able to pass to his right and once Mellor came on he was in acres of space numerous times but I suppose he has to demand the ball too.

All in all a good point I think - Starting to look a really good side who is difficult to beat, once we find that real nasty streak in front of goal we could be in for a surprise this season.

I am a latics fan

Im not mancunion. or ( I am a lancastrian )

I know what I like and I know where to get it

walking down sheepfoot lane

and iiiiiiiiiii will always beeeeeeeee

O. A. F. CCCCCCCCCCC.

:)

Wanna destroy Glazer and Sky

Thought the ref had a fairly decent game to be honest. A weak ref would have sent a couple off and given two penalties. Probably to Bradford. That said, We could have had two penny's ourselves but they were more half shouts rather than stonewallers. All in all I think he handled a fierce local derby fairly well. We could have had much, much worse.

Wes was probably my MOM purely on workrate. Hustled the midfield and was tryi to get the ball at every opportunity. Nice slide rule pass for our goal and apart from losing imputetus late on he was superb. Danny Philliskirk is a pleasure to watch for me. Such tidy control and worked unbelievably hard tracking back to pick the ball up. His tackle to set the one-on-one up for JCH was top drawer. Outstanding talent.

Great point that I felt. Bradford are no mugs and, albeit a bit one dimensional, they're a very strong, physical side. Would not be surprised to see them make the playoffs providing they keep hold of Wells.

Got to agree on the ref. Sensible decisions on Hanson (Lanzoni helped him) and Plummer. Reid should have been booked for the first dive but then probably wouldn't have done the second, and the ref did spot both. For those of you unhappy with the lack of a linesman's decision on the handball before the goal, take a look at the Hudders pen decision yesterday. Bloody hell that linesman MUST have taken a bribe!

Just listened to LJ on the radio. I had forgotten JCH has just turned 19. I think we should cut him some slack. He could be awesome....