fa cup replay - tv potential

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are on BT Sport next week (Tuesday 17th December) for our replay away at Mansfield.

We will receive approximately £36,000 for the TV rights.

Pah! Cristian Montano is able to earn twice that in 45 minutes.

Did I say 'able'? I meant 'unable' of course.

All ticket as Mansfield don't have facilities to pay on the gate.

Bonkers.

Being the sad bastard that I am, I went on their forum before Saturday's game to read about their take on the match. There were a few people discussing the fact it's all ticket every game and they reckon it's a problem with attracting floating supporters.

Doubt ill be able to get there midweek and dont have bt sport. Anyone know of any pubs with the option to screen the game? And or ways round it ie via internet streaming sites?

If you go the streaming route, avoid any streams that want you to download anything, my PC's never been the same since the last televised game.

Surely the only facilities required to pay on the gate is a bloke with a cash tin. And, well, a gate.

Sometimes clubs really do make it hard for themselves.

I think it's what happens to the cash tin that makes clubs try other methods, e.g. all ticket or buying a ticket on the day at the ticket office. I was late for the Wolves FA Cup game and was let in through the gate. The man who took my £20 was very keen that I didn't come through the turnstile or even move it round as he 'had already cashed up'

all ticket every game and they reckon it's a problem with attracting floating supporters.

Without doubt 100% the case. I think it's a case of forward looking chairmen being too clever and trying to wholesale imprint the running of a big club onto their little project, the actual turnstile probably doesn't have anywhere for a gateman to be, just a turnstile and a barcode reader. Hopefully a mistake that we will not make with our new stand.