Devastated!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbeaten run continues( 90 minutes ) bu two failures to beat lower league clubs in 4 days is desperately disappointing. A loss at Mansfield now will be crushing.

First half was very poor , only Philiskirk & Petrasso played well. They looked like scoring every time they attacked , yet their goal came form yet another shocking ball given away by Mr dependable......

Second half our keeper had nothing to do .Clarke-Harris played well but still we didn't create very much & both teams seemed far too content with pens.

I am gutted for the younger fans that twice now they have been let down by our team in three years with Wembley so close.

Chesterfield were bottom of our division two years ago & are now in division two , our team blew it again !

They had the best player on the pitch, their no 7. We still should have beat them though, I wouldn't blame the penalty takers that missed the game was ours for the taking we just seemed devoid of ideas, Dayton was sorely missed. Ah well still got a cup replay to look forward to. LJ will sort it, keep the faith.

Neither team looked like they particularly wanted it or were bothered about the game.

Side-ways and backwards passing is taking the piss though. Our best 15 Minutes of the game, around the time we scored, all came about through forward movement and good passing moves.

We missed Dayton today, Mellor did his best on the left wing, but he's not a winger, simple as.

Philliskirk near outstanding for me, never panics on the ball, moves and passes with confidence and finished his goal great. Shame about the penalty, but he hit it low and hard, like we're always told, so what can you do...

Move on now, Brentford and Mansfield are two massive games. Win's in both would be brilliant, please!

:ktf:

Beaten by the better side I am afraid. We didn't start well enough and they played with a lot of intensity from the off. I felt fortunate to get to pens and always felt chesterfield had the belief to go on and win. I fear we are bein Sussed a little bit here, teams are pressing us high up and we are struggling to play and create chances, and our 4-4-2 tonight was massively overrun by chesterfields more fluid and free form play. We look tired......... And chased the ball for very long periods tonight.

I did say after Saturday that Grounds either can't or won't open his body with the ball and always goes in field......well tonight that cost us. Sat in the main stand and LJ AND PM were scratching their heads for a while when looking to make a sub, really didn't have anyone to come on and make an impact did we?

Would like to see us go with midfield 3 on Saturday and see our full backs attack with some intent.

Blatant penalty in stoppage time. Utterly dreadful decision.

Really missed Dayton.

Opening post is well over the top but gutted after that. Hopefully fires them ip for Mansfield though.

If Mansfield goes to penalties then I pray if we want to stick a couple down the middle they put some height on it. Schoolboy.

Teams know now how to unsettle the Latics, they let the midfield pass it backwards and sideways then nip in to win possession.

Moves break down, frustration creeps in, and the inevitable goal is conceded.

It's a pattern that must change, but it won't with the personnel at the club I'm afraid, is there a genuine creative central attacking central midfielder on the books?

Edited by BP1960

Wouldn't say I was anywhere neat devasted to lose on penalties in the area semi final,Bit disappointed,but that's about it.Thought Cheaterfield looked a decent side,a hell of a lot better than Mansfield.I'd be surprised if they're not in League 1 next season.Hope Dayton is back for Saturday,missed him tonight.Mellor struggled to get the ball past the first man several times,but he's not a winger to be fair.