JCH Interview

Firstly, what idiot can't even chop the start of a video clip off but Christ Gordon, JCH is in front of you!

Secondly, he comes across as think as pig :censored:, which he probably is, but I really think he has some proper passion not just for football but for Oldham.

I look forward to watching him develop.

Firstly, what idiot can't even chop the start of a video clip off but Christ Gordon, JCH is in front of you!

Secondly, he comes across as think as pig :censored:, which he probably is, but I really think he has some proper passion not just for football but for Oldham.

They left it in on purpose, hence the video description.

I discovered from a mate at Uni that, no matter how smart you actually are, the Cov accent will make you sound thick! :aplayer1:

Johnson has indicated that JCH had a very difficult upbringing, so it's not really surprising that he's not the most articulate kid in the world.

They left it in on purpose, hence the video description.

I was watching it on the FL app, it just said JCH COVENTRY FINAL.

Johnson has indicated that JCH had a very difficult upbringing, so it's not really surprising that he's not the most articulate kid in the world.

It's good that he recognises his faults though, or at least has had them pointed out. I thought he was going to lamp Rooney at one point yesterday and Korey have him a right earful.

Let's hope that he'll mature becuase he will be a hell of a player in five years time if he does.

Thirdly he is more gifted than many of us on this board at playing football, we all have different gifts and just because we aren't

articulate Oxbridge types doesn't mean that we are " think as pig :censored:".

Wow, harsh! Give the lad a break

I thought he came across quite well myself. Was expecting much worse. I like him.

Same here. I thought he seemed very nervous at the start but certainly much more articulate than I was expecting. Nice to hear a footballer actually just say what they think rather than the boring media taught rubbish you normally get.

I was impressed too..

He's a footballer.........!

He had points of view and put them across. He didn't just speak in cliches.

Rather than just make a harsh snap judgement based a strong regional accent (which I'm sure never happens to anyone from Oldham...!), look beyond that and listen to what he's actually saying.

I know it's a totally different scenario and context, with it being a nice touch from Baxter not celebrating his goal.................................................

But I absolutely LOVE it that JCH said he'll celebrate against Cov!

This lad has come on leaps and bounds in such a short time, and is a real threat out on the pitch. He's a yound lad that has had a microphone thrust into his face, and that would make anyone nervous. I thought he came over very well in the interview. Just like he has done on the pitch he will get better with the media side of things. Keep up the good work Jonno.

I'd say that that post speak more towards your own intelligence than anything else.

Cheers for that Mr Hawking.

Not such a well thought-out post.

I hope that you re-read it and come to the same conclusion as the rest of us.

I think the term thick as pig :censored: sits closer at your front door,

I was raised in middle class suburbia.

My Dad worked in an office as a senior manager. My Mum taught in a primary school in middle class suburbia.

There's no doubt that it protected me from some of life's nastier side. There's also no doubt that my parents, despite good intentions, harboured prejudice against those from poorer backgrounds and would label them accordingly. Doubtless some of this has rubbed off on me, but I'd like to think I've allowed my life to educate me further.

For twenty years I've worked face to face with the general public. I've met piss poor people with remarkable intelligence and the filthy rich who can indeed be thick as pig :censored:. And every combination in between.

It's clear that it's presumptuous to judge intelligence on looks, background, area lived in or just about anything else. Judge the words and actions.

I've not seen the JCH interview. I can't comment on what others have seen. But real people often surprise.

Snob value OP. I have a theory about those that bang on about their own brilliance.........it's due to no one else actually seeing it.

I don't care a jot if JCH can spell, speak well or add up sums, he plays football for a professional club and that's what I judge him on. How well he does his job.

Edited by Lags