David worrall it is!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Harkins will do well, notice how many teams come to BP with players like him who make things tick over nicely in central midfield, they don't dash around but tend to pick out a pass - which is just what LJ is looking for.

Problem is, we have an element that is straight on the back of any player with a lower workrate than Paul Warne.

Why all the negativity from some posters. At least gives these new players a chance before you criticise them.

We genuine try to bring players in that will add to the experience that helps to make a good side.

Barry

Hi Barry,

It's nice to hear from you.

However I think we'd appreciate your thoughts more on the critical issues facing the club - the construction of the new stand and the implications of that on things such as the Main Stand's usage going forwards (we all know it's basically condemnable at this stage) or the dramatic revelations around Christian Montano - than a criticism of anonymous people on a message board, which as someone has already pointed out today is merely a re-imagining of the social circles of years gone by, the moaning in the pub, as it were.

Would you be able to address any of these key issues whilst here today?

Thanks,

Ack

Why all the negativity from some posters. At least gives these new players a chance before you criticise them.

We genuine try to bring players in that will add to the experience that helps to make a good side.

Barry

I'm optimistic about all 3 signings Barry, especially Harkins.

Hi Barry,

However I think we'd appreciate your thoughts more on the critical issues facing the club - the construction of the new stand and the implications of that on things such as the Main Stand's usage going forwards (we all know it's basically condemnable at this stage) or the dramatic revelations around Christian Montano - than a criticism of anonymous people on a message board, which as someone has already pointed out today is merely a re-imagining of the social circles of years gone by, the moaning in the pub, as it were.

Thanks,

Ack

I'm as much of a critic of Silent Barry as the next man, but I don't imagine what he can say about Montano given both allegations are (I assume) still the subject of criminal investigation.

That said I would be interested to know the plans for the Main Stand.

Barry

Oh look, Barry's popped in to tell everyone to behave themselves. You can take the man out of uniform...

I'm as much of a critic of Silent Barry as the next man, but I don't imagine what he can say about Montano given both allegations are (I assume) still the subject of criminal investigation.

Aye, the club has obviously been advised to say nothing, other than to release the statements prepared by lawyers.

Hi Barry,

Thanks,

Ack

If I was Barry, I wouldn't be seeking to make comments about either the main stand or CM on here due to the on-going criminal investigation and the general cynical culture of OWTB which seems to be ratcheted up at the moment. If this place is a re-imagining of pub where people are moaning, why wouldn't Barry be allowed to join in? Why would he have to be the only one that turns up with an agenda to go through?

The distinction I would make is Barry *can* comment on the club and what we're doing... are we doing player education? Are we enhancing the education the Youth get above that of the FA's curriculum, things of that nature. They don't have to be the result of any findings - merely the reaction to an event.

If I was Barry, I wouldn't be seeking to make comments about either the main stand or CM on here due to the on-going criminal investigation and the general cynical culture of OWTB which seems to be ratcheted up at the moment. If this place is a re-imagining of pub where people are moaning, why wouldn't Barry be allowed to join in? Why would he have to be the only one that turns up with an agenda to go through?

Because - and this isn't a direct criticism of Barry, with whom I worked very well in the past - he's more than just a fan isn't he? He's our representative and a leader in some regards.

So to come on here only to belittle those commenting on what are - at face value - somewhat underwhelming signings, during what's proving to be another very difficult year of avoiding relegation, is misguided in my opinion.

The distinction I would make is Barry *can* comment on the club and what we're doing... are we doing player education? Are we enhancing the education the Youth get above that of the FA's curriculum, things of that nature. They don't have to be the result of any findings - merely the reaction to an event.

As you were then :wink:

Who's asked you to get excited?

Well, first of all it wasn't addressed to you. Second, you're being pedantic to say the least. Shall i run my posts by you for future approval? How about, "sorry barry for the negativitiy (as opposed to getting excited, i wouldn't want there to be any mix up), but the two signings do no not inspire (sorry, i can't use inspire because no one has asked me to be inspired). How about i feel negative about the two signings (because he uses the word negative). Is that ok?

Or, to put it another way, no one asked me to get excited i'm just expressing an opinion. What's it got to do with you? Why get so upset over it?

somewhat underwhelming signings

I'm not underwhelmed.

I'm not doing cartwheels either but all three look like solid, decent signings.

We know exactly what we'll get from Lockwood and we need that, the other two could turn out to be great players - Harkins is the creative midfielder so many have been demanding and Worrall is more likely to hold down the right midfield/wing position than anyone else has been.

Well, first of all it wasn't addressed to you. Second, you're being pedantic to say the least. Shall i run my posts by you for future approval? How about, "sorry barry for the negativitiy (as opposed to getting excited, i wouldn't want there to be any mix up), but the two signings do no not inspire (sorry, i can't use inspire because no one has asked me to be inspired). How about i feel negative about the two signings (because he uses the word negative). Is that ok?

Or, to put it another way, no one asked me to get excited i'm just expressing an opinion. What's it got to do with you? Why get so upset over it?

I'm not upset.

I can't argue with the rest though :grin:

Because - and this isn't a direct criticism of Barry, with whom I worked very well in the past - he's more than just a fan isn't he? He's our representative and a leader in some regards.

So to come on here only to belittle those commenting on what are - at face value - somewhat underwhelming signings, during what's proving to be another very difficult year of avoiding relegation, is misguided in my opinion.

Spot on Ackey.

Let's have it right, these signings weren't in the pipeline before the two home defeats, they are a reaction to them, another example of the make do and mend culture the club has had for a while now.

Spot on Ackey.

Let's have it right, these signings weren't in the pipeline before the two home defeats, they are a reaction to them, another example of the make do and mend culture the club has had for a while now.

Eh?

Lockwood has been training with us all season and we tried to sign Worrall 4 months ago.

Eh?

Lockwood has been training with us all season and we tried to sign Worrall 4 months ago.

If that's the case then Johnson will know Lockwood is right for us and not the crap signing that many on here are intimating. It's probably also the reason we didn't push the boat out to keep Lanzoni.

Let's all give the new boys a fair crack of the whip before jumping on their backs!

If they wanted Lockwood that badly then I'm sure a deal could have been done in the summer rather than letting him go off to play non league for 4-5 months.

He couldn't sign for a league club before the Jan window .... Hence he was signed today!

If they wanted Lockwood that badly then I'm sure a deal could have been done in the summer rather than letting him go off to play non league for 4-5 months.

To be fair there is a valid reason for that as explained on the Lockwood thread.