David worrall it is!

I was sat next to some Huddersfield scouts a few games back who were there to watch tarky but they seemed more impressed with Philliskirk. They seemed to know Tony P on a personal level too.

Only other snippet I got from them (not latics related) is that apparently Crewe have another couple of belters coming through at u16 level that most of the premiership are interested in

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sat next to some Huddersfield scouts a few games back who were there to watch tarky but they seemed more impressed with Philliskirk. They seemed to know Tony P on a personal level too.

Only other snippet I got from them (not latics related) is that apparently Crewe have another couple of belters coming through at u16 level that most of the premiership are interested in

Could you please use the thread for not latics related when revealing these little snippets, it is just not on. :OASISscarf:

Doubt Philliskirk will be leaving anytime soon when for the first time in his career he is consistently playing games and he's been messed around at other clubs in the past.

Im with you on this, he has way too many moves for such a young player, his dad will tell him to stay put, bit of consistancy at one club will be a great tonic for his career.. We already cashed in once on him and it nearly ruined his career.

it's the manager not the signings.

5 months ago we were told high up the pitch pacy attacking football with we,ll score more than you attitude.

now we've signed two players with combined age of 61 an a lad coming back from an op who ain't match fit, we should stick with what we've got personally with maybe one more

I've never understood this when it pops up in football reporting/conversations. What difference does players' combined ages make? Will one player start to moan about his joints and start eating Worther's Originals just because when he stands next to a team mate their ages added together equal 61? Utter codswallop.

it's the manager not the signings.

5 months ago we were told high up the pitch pacy attacking football with we,ll score more than you attitude.

now we've signed two players with combined age of 61 an a lad coming back from an op who ain't match fit, we should stick with what we've got personally with maybe one more

Only just seen this post to be fair we all like to see a team full of the next generation of kids rather than a side of 11 oldies just wanting one final pay day.

However as much as it's good to keep the young Uns especially when Cliff Bryne left there is times when maybe we lacked that older head in the team like a Gregan to instruct or bring a little experince.

Fact Lockwood has been training at the club for sometime gives confidence when he does start or come having worked in training he will have a good idea of how the team play. Be on first team names with them all.

He will have an idea of how each of them play.

Edited by oafctom

Cheers singe...I think?? lol Steve Evans isn't a factor in this move at all we are not the only ones who don't really like him lol I heard that he Didn't get permission to play against liverpool even though they were out of the cup! but featured in our squad? :omg:

Edited by KYLEOAFC