David worrall it is!

I'm not underwhelmed.

I'm not doing cartwheels either but all three look like solid, decent signings.

We know exactly what we'll get from Lockwood and we need that, the other two could turn out to be great players - Harkins is the creative midfielder so many have been demanding and Worrall is more likely to hold down the right midfield/wing position than anyone else has been.

they MAY turn out to be decent players for us, but GREAT PLAYERS ? i think not

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What counts as a great player for a struggling 3rd division side these days? We are in a better position with these signings and with people coming back and maybe another signing in the pipeline we have enough to push up the table.

I wonder if Rick Holden was seen as a great player when he signed for Latics from Watford after Halifax. Lets see, sometimes a certain club just suits a player and they become crowd favourites there. Even the Great Andy Ritchie blossomed at Latics.

Edited by Lags

The reaction on here has been somewhat incredible.

Lockwood - 3 promotions on his CV. Let go by financially troubled Bury after the transfer window and so could only move to a non league club. Training with Latics for 4 months - Johnson knows what he's about. Experienced which is what we've been crying out for.

Worral - been chased by Latics for a while. Rotherham fans astounded he's been allowed to go out on loan. Bury fans think he's class. A winger which we need and has played at this level before.

Harkins - experienced midfielder - again what we need. Creative player which has been our weakness all season. Criticism of being lazy from st mirren fans but praised for his skill. Johnson has played with him before so knows what he's all about.

So why all the negativity? I don't know if they'll work any more than anyone else but they clearly aren't knee jerk signings and they all answer the two things fans have been saying we require this season - creativity and experience.

According to Steve Evans Worral will not be joining Oldham permanently and will be back at NYS next season.

I was rather hoping a deal could have been sorted after his loan....it's win win for the Mlllers, if he plays out of his skin they get a good layer back if he doesn't then they have lost nowt.

Looks like it'll be short term fix for us!

it's the manager not the signings.

5 months ago we were told high up the pitch pacy attacking football with we,ll score more than you attitude.

now we've signed two players with combined age of 61 an a lad coming back from an op who ain't match fit, we should stick with what we've got personally with maybe one more

it's the manager not the signings.

5 months ago we were told high up the pitch pacy attacking football with we,ll score more than you attitude.

now we've signed two players with combined age of 61 an a lad coming back from an op who ain't match fit, we should stick with what we've got personally with maybe one more

Lockwood has been with us all season.

He's signed a winger and attacking midfielder.

I'm not sure what is at odds with what you want.

don't know much about the three signings but what I don't get is didn't Jonson say he wouldn't bring so many in at once so not too upset the squad dynamics or something like that?.

with players coming back from injuries one new player would have been enough but three?

Best to not to say too much when you are bringing people in

He would have looked abit of a plonker had he said we are bringing 3 players in in January and I will get it done early had these signings fallen through and we didn't bring anyone in all month.

He's been decisive I will give him that.

don't know much about the three signings but what I don't get is didn't Jonson say he wouldn't bring so many in at once so not too upset the squad dynamics or something like that?.

with players coming back from injuries one new player would have been enough but three?

do you not think we are short of cover with Montana,lanzoni,Plummer,an mills leaving the club recently!!

He was under contract at Bury.

Have we ever paid a transfer fee for someone aged 30+?

He wouldn't have cost the world, if it was a player that the manager really wanted then the money would have been found.

Instead we spent the summer messing around trying to turn Mellor into a centre half.

I'm not knocking the signings by the way, much welcomed and needed, just wonder why we couldn't have done them in the summer, we might have been looking at the other end of the table for a change if we had.