Port Vale [Pre and Post-Match Reaction]

Ive not seen enough of us this season to comment but, looking at stats, 11th best defence in league 1 and 5th worst for goals scored. Think its clear where we need improvement but between Philliskirk, McDonald, Rooney, JCH, we should certainly not be in this situation. Peterborough, Wolves and MK up next. Yipppeeee

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very poor again today.

We have so little forward commitment from midfield it is painful to watch. Every sideways pass from midfield today reduced the space to attack as it simply allowed them time to regroup defensively! We lack pace and end product. Our attempts to play more directly later in the game were equally useless!!

I agree with those who have pointed to the lack of a second front man as our formation (and lack of confidence to move effectively to make it work) is killing us at the moment.

Was disheartened after Tuesday but am angry tonight - that was awful!!

One positive word for Oxley, who was excellent throughout!

Ive not seen enough of us this season to comment but, looking at stats, 11th best defence in league 1 and 5th worst for goals scored. Think its clear where we need improvement but between Philliskirk, McDonald, Rooney, JCH, we should certainly not be in this situation. Peterborough, Wolves and MK up next. Yipppeeee

well in all honesty there's only 1 thing to do, get right behind the manager and the team....anything else is counter productive and will continue to breed and feed this negativity that exists around the club, not just when we aren't winning but all the bloody time...for now we know its tough, but we have been here before and rather than "throw the towel" in we all need to be as positive as possible.... :clint:

I'm happy to accept a transitional season where we lose more than we win, however 4 goals in 8 games is not acceptable.

By the end of next week I can see nothing but a new striker and a couple shipped out.

It was the same story again today. They used the :censored:ty pitch to their advantage in another match that we edged. It's painful to watch us lose gritty matches where we're on top.

We have to attack in the way we began the season.

The sourness of the visiting end was evident for all to see. Goals unite fans.

Credit to Oxley on a fantastic penalty save.

Edited by NewBlue

One good effort. Lots of half paced bluster,

Hmmm. I'm not one for panicking but that feeling is begining set in a bit. Just can't see us getting many results from the next few we have and it's the lack of results from teams I'd expect us to beat like your Shrews, Col u and these today... LJ has to bring a left back in as Mellor can't keep playing there. We need, above all a striker who can score off his arse, off his nose etc and isn't scared of getting clattered doing it. That's all teams like Orient have. Same with Trannies last year. We need a non pretty, experienced gritty player who can score. I guess it's just finding one.

To be honest I thought it was a very strange somewhat turgid game. Very little atmosphere and poor football on a pitch that cut up and seemed very heavy (strange as its been so good this season).

I think given our injuries we did well to put out such a decent looking first 11 but then lost our star loan signing 20 minutes into his debut.

Our defence finally looks settled (though now we lose our left back for another 2 game suspension!) but your biggest problem I guess is that whilst you retain possesion well its quite toothless upfront.

Great saving by your 'stunning winger' on the penalty! :laught30:

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Hmmm. I'm not one for panicking but that feeling is begining set in a bit. Just can't see us getting many results from the next few we have and it's the lack of results from teams I'd expect us to beat like your Shrews, Col u and these today... LJ has to bring a left back in as Mellor can't keep playing there. We need, above all a striker who can score off his arse, off his nose etc and isn't scared of getting clattered doing it. That's all teams like Orient have. Same with Trannies last year. We need a non pretty, experienced gritty player who can score. I guess it's just finding one.

We have a left back..he is called Connor Brown.

Went today, so do I now have the right to comment??

Utterly predictable scoreline. Can see us "playing well" into the second division. Think it might be a wait before LJ shows his perceived potential. He's got to take the hit today - we ran out of ideas, resorting to long balls, literally to no one. Poor movement off the ball too.

Just couldn't see how we're going to score. Good effort from Dayton today, but Wes apart, we're as soft as the brown stuff, I'm afraid.

To be honest I thought it was a very strange somewhat turgid game. Very little atmosphere and poor football on a pitch that cut up and seemed very heavy (strange as its been so good this season).

I think given our injuries we did well to put out such a decent looking first 11 but then lost our star loan signing 20 minutes into his debut.

Our defence finally looks settled (though now we lose our left back for another 2 game suspension!) but your biggest problem I guess is that whilst you retain possesion well its quite toothless upfront.

Great saving by your 'stunning winger' on the penalty! :laught30:

Good luck for the rest of the season.

An away supporter using my description from the last match, what say you now Mike Keegan ?

It isn't just LJ who can be questioned. He can't make players take responsibility and be brave on the pitch, or pick up a runner from a basic set play for the players!! There are senior players who need to drive the team forwards not pass the responsibility sideways!

They have been doing it all season whitey so I imagine that's how they have been coached.