Johnson signs 3 and a half year deal

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having given this a bit more thought, I wonder how much of a "reward" this contract is for LJ?

It seems ludicrous to give him an improved contract on the basis of team performance.

Yes, the contract is for a longer period and might even include a pay-rise, but I would imagine there would be a lot more "ifs", "buts" and "maybes" in the new contract, that weren't there in his previous contract.

Maybe, in fact, it is completely the opposite of a reward and the club are covering their backside as they have an inkling we could go down and we might need to get rid of the manager sooner than thought.

The penny's dropped. Maybe this isn't as mental as it seems at first glance...

so its a punishment then ? what a load of old tosh,

so its a punishment then ? what a load of old tosh,

Yes, the contract is for a longer period and might even include a pay-rise, but I would imagine there would be a lot more "ifs", "buts" and "maybes" in the new contract, that weren't there in his previous contract.

:OASISscarf:

The basis of virtually all the negative posts is that the extension is too long or as yet is undeserved. From the perspective of a fan both are somewhat valid because they fear relegation.

From the perspective of our benefactor and paymaster it is far more serious than that.

After 6yrs of falling crowds, on-field quality, lacklustre managerial vision. Compounded by a 3 sided ground something different needed to be 'attempted'.

Whatever anyone says about LJ, a lack of vision can't possibly be one of them.

And whatever anyone says about Corney, he has done a sterling job on limited funds to keep this club solvent. Lack of investment is often thrown out on this board as a reason for our decline by people unable to invest. It's a joke.

We all know how many clubs have been sunk by appalling stewardship. Many of the smaller clubs have sunk without trace. The bigger clubs that have managed to recover have invariably been rescued by super rich benefactors. We haven't got one of those.

So here we are, on the back of continuing poor results and crowds our new stand is becoming reality and we have a manager who seems to have a vision. WE haven't given LJ a 3yr extension to his contract, Corney, has. And apart from the 3yr extension we have not got a clue as to its content. WE are also not responsible for is wages, Corney is.

An experienced manager at our level is inevitably a sacked one. A successful manager at our level will almost certainly be moving to a bigger club and/or a higher division. A promising new manager is a gamble. You can take your pick, it's a lottery.

Corney is a successful business man who has now gained some experience in running a football club. Wish him luck and let him get on with it. He needs it more than we do.

I think you should change your name to JohnsonSmoker.

Give Chaddy a rest.

SO You ask a question to which there are only 2 answers. I give 1 of those answers with which you obviously disagree and then I get accused of arse licking, just because you would have expected or wanted the other answer! See you in the Chaddy tomorrow, oh no you don't want to go any more do you, because it isn't entertaining enough.

so why was it not a good idea to wait till the season ends ? unless manure are sniffing round LJ ?

Comments like that make your post lose any creditably that your previous posts may have had

Edited by another fan

SO You ask a question to which there are only 2 answers. I give 1 of those answers with which you obviously disagree and then I get accused of arse licking, just because you would have expected or wanted the other answer! See you in the Chaddy tomorrow, oh no you don't want to go any more do you, because it isn't entertaining enough.

Even Google Translate can't help me with this one.

Happy the club have shown stability and I believe LJ will get it right.......the whole club top to bottom. I can understand everyone who questions the length of the contract if I am wrong, however I also have belief in the mans integrity. If he's shown the courage to say to the likes of Rooney, Cliff, Sidney that it's not worked for them and had the ability to get them out the club in the best cost effective way possible, then I expect him to do likewise for himself. Yes I believe he would.

He will get sacked before the end of his contract. Stupid move Dickov was a much better manager.

There is little evidence either way.

But if he turns out to be worse than Dickov it will have been a pretty :censored: few months.

Edited by opinions4u

I just don't see how he can continue as manager if we go down, which is a very clear and present danger.

Best players out of the door, budget slashed again, if he can't get this team (which he and plenty of people keep insisting is full of talent) winning then how is he going to fare with a worse one?

Edited by deyres42

I just don't see how he can continue as manager if we go down, which is a very clear and present danger.

Best players out of the door, budget slashed again, if he can't get this team (which he and plenty of people keep insisting is full of talent) winning then how is he going to fare with a worse one?

Lets cross that bridge should it come to pass. I don't believe it will and I believe continuity and LJ will get it right.

While it would be uncomfortable, and would be an underachievement, if he still has the fire in his belly there is a case for keeping him.

Best players out of the door

Byrne, Sutherland, Rooney, Schmeltz? Really!

If Tarky goes then you can use it in the singular, but one player does not a team make.

I buy the concerns. There's no need to dress it up with bollocks though.

While it would be uncomfortable, and would be an underachievement, if he still has the fire in his belly there is a case for keeping him.

Byrne, Sutherland, Rooney, Schmeltz? Really!

If Tarky goes then you can use it in the singular, but one player does not a team make.

I buy the concerns. There's no need to dress it up with bollocks though.

Best players out the door with relegation I meant.

Lets cross that bridge should it come to pass. I don't believe it will and I believe continuity and LJ will get it right.

I hope not either Lags, I'm not half as confident as some are though.

Think there's a danger of us almost sleepwalking into relegation on some misguided belief that we are playing this wonderful brand of football with a manager who has got all bases covered.

16 goals in 19 games is woeful whichever you slice it and you can't just flick a switch and turn that kind of form around, worries that Johnson is talking about possibly waiting until the loan window reopens before doing any business.

Anyway, 3 points today and I'll be happier, at least for a few hours!

I hope not either Lags, I'm not half as confident as some are though.

Think there's a danger of us almost sleepwalking into relegation on some misguided belief that we are playing this wonderful brand of football with a manager who has got all bases covered.

16 goals in 19 games is woeful whichever you slice it and you can't just flick a switch and turn that kind of form around, worries that Johnson is talking about possibly waiting until the loan window reopens before doing any business.

Anyway, 3 points today and I'll be happier, at least for a few hours!

And that is the crux, solve that and we solve our season and the coming one for the improvement. Winning breed's winning and confidence in the brand, In players and fans alike.