Johnson signs 3 and a half year deal

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting length of deal, think that means that in the unlikely (IMHO) event we get relegated, this season, Johnson will be given the job of getting us promoted from league 2.

However, some continuity of manager may persuade some of our valuable playing assets to stay.

Fantastic news, buzzing with some long - term longevity and the real feel of a long term plan and structure instilled in the club finally.

Just ignore the people who don't believe in what he and the club are finally doing for the future and lets roll on!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-says-only-consider-6326377

I am a fan of Johnson but he doesn't deserve one. We are very very close to the relegation zone, not winning games and we give the manager a new contract

In that paper his quotes don't even mention the position in the league it's only what the paper have said.

Interesting length of deal, think that means that in the unlikely (IMHO) event we get relegated, this season, Johnson will be given the job of getting us promoted from league 2.

However, some continuity of manager may persuade some of our valuable playing assets to stay.

This all over. If we did go down no point having wholesale changes

Hopefully a massive boost for all connected with oafc

It's a 4 and a half year contract. He already had a year to run.

I am shocked.

- Nothing against Johnson, but he hasn't done anything to earn this. If things go pear shaped can we afford to get rid?

Unless.... there are clauses. If we go down, he has 1 season to get us up or he is gone for free etc.

Edited by pukka

Let's hope this puts a halt to all the silly talk on here....Rome wan't built in a day n'all that.

I for one think Johnson is the right man to take us forward and Corney obviously thinks the same, let's all give him our 100% backing instead of questioning every decision he makes!

Happy with this. With the work behind the scenes with the management and with the new stand continuety is what's needed.

You can't please everybody all the time and you certainly can't please Oldham fans half the time.

Right decision tieing down a young promising manager to a long term deal. Its not running for us at the moment but I am more confident than any previous manager that LJ will get it right.