Toothless .... Again

They bring on Kevin Doyle who's on 40k a week what did you expect from this result? Everybody knew we were up against a good side

Not really the point though. Many a time in the game there was the odd ball played over or one put into the box and we never sniffed it up. Oh and of JCH keeps on hitting balls all the way over to the retail park then we're not going anywhere.

Not really the point though. Many a time in the game there was the odd ball played over or one put into the box and we never sniffed it up. Oh and of JCH keeps on hitting balls all the way over to the retail park then we're not going anywhere.

Low paid youngster against highly paid, experienced defenders in big miss shocker.

We would all have been satisfied if we walked away from the last 2 games with 2 draws and 2 points. Top of the table teams with massive budgets etc....we have come away with 1 win and 1 defeat so not all doom and groom.

Some people need to get real and appreciate we're a small club and money talks.

The difference between even wolves and Peterborough was massive in my opinion. Quality team tonight and the score line flattered them!

The difference between even wolves and Peterborough was massive in my opinion. Quality team tonight and the score line flattered them!

I saw both away games at Peterborough and Wolves and my thoughts at the time were:

Peterborough: A few high quality players at this level but inefficient and didn't play a system or style that suited the quality of players like McCann, Tomlin, Rowe and Assombalonga.

Wolves: Not very expansive (playing a flat 4-5-1 at home!) but very difficult unit to break down due to experience and size at the back, as well as having 1 or 2 players who could win the game on their own with a moment of quality.

Were they similar in both the home games?

I saw both away games at Peterborough and Wolves and my thoughts at the time were:

Peterborough: A few high quality players at this level but inefficient and didn't play a system or style that suited the quality of players like McCann, Tomlin, Rowe and Assombalonga.

Wolves: Not very expansive (playing a flat 4-5-1 at home!) but very difficult unit to break down due to experience and size at the back, as well as having 1 or 2 players who could win the game on their own with a moment of quality.

Were they similar in both the home games?

Yeh I'd agree.

Peterborough generally flashy in patches but not up for a battle and all over when pressures. Weak at the back I felt.

Wolves solid at the back and holding midfield and fast and strong on the break. Quality players up top with pace and power!

Game if opinions I know but agree with your summary!

Was always going to be hard but we created enough chances and then either passed the ball instead of hitting it or took another touch instead of hitting it or blazed the ball wide or over the bar which, might explain why they pass or take another touch.

Two things annoyed me about this game:

1. Poor decision making - Koreys decision the pass instead of shoot when he was essentially through on goal in the first half especially really infuriated me to the point where i shouted "what are you being paid for" in a haz of anger

2. Jonathan grounds constant backing off the winger. That right winger tore grounds to shreds purely because grounds was always either a) completely out of position or B) he was too shot scared to put a tackle in

Only plus sides tonight were the corners, which for once looked slightly dangerous, but nobody wanted to get on the end of them.

Oh and one more thing, how Dayton missed the target from from 2 yards out is unbelievable. How we can go from scoring one 5 on Saturday to mustering 2 shots on target last night is ridiculous. What the hell have they been doing in training since Saturday?